State’s casinos see improved winnings
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s casinos posted a strong rebound in money won from players in February.
The Mississippi State Tax Commission says the casinos won $222.3 million last month, up 15 percent from $192.3 million won in January. In addition, the February figure is up 3.6 percent from the $216.5 million gamblers lost in February 2009.
Casinos along the Mississippi River, including Tunica County and Natchez, enjoyed a 24.9 percent jump in revenue from January to February, taking in $126.6 million last month. Casinos along the Mississippi coast posted a 5.9 percent gain, winning $95.8 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones