State’s casinos see improved winnings
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s casinos posted a strong rebound in money won from players in February.
The Mississippi State Tax Commission says the casinos won $222.3 million last month, up 15 percent from $192.3 million won in January. In addition, the February figure is up 3.6 percent from the $216.5 million gamblers lost in February 2009.
Casinos along the Mississippi River, including Tunica County and Natchez, enjoyed a 24.9 percent jump in revenue from January to February, taking in $126.6 million last month. Casinos along the Mississippi coast posted a 5.9 percent gain, winning $95.8 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders