Fernandez earns new certification
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 21,2010
Jose P. Fernandez Jr., M.D., a Hattiesburg Clinic neurologist, is among the first physicians in the state to receive a new subspecialty board certification for autonomic disorders by the United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties.
After receiving a medical degree from the University of the Philippines in Manila, Philippines, Fernandez completed an internship at Philippine General Hospital, University of the Philippines, in Manila. He completed a residency in internal medicine at Long Island College Hospital in Brooklyn, N.Y., and residencies in neurology at State University of New York in Brooklyn and at Louisiana State University in New Orleans, La. In addition, he completed a fellowship in clinical neurophysiology, epilepsy and sleep medicine at LSU.
Fernandez is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in neurology and clinical neurophysiology.
He is affiliated with the American Autonomic Society, American Academy of Sleep Medicine, Mississippi State Medical Association, American Medical Association, American Academy of Clinical Neurophysiology and American Academy of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Fernandez earns new certification”
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- BILL CRAWFORD: Keep schools free from preventable diseases
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years