Fernandez earns new certification
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 21,2010
Jose P. Fernandez Jr., M.D., a Hattiesburg Clinic neurologist, is among the first physicians in the state to receive a new subspecialty board certification for autonomic disorders by the United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties.
After receiving a medical degree from the University of the Philippines in Manila, Philippines, Fernandez completed an internship at Philippine General Hospital, University of the Philippines, in Manila. He completed a residency in internal medicine at Long Island College Hospital in Brooklyn, N.Y., and residencies in neurology at State University of New York in Brooklyn and at Louisiana State University in New Orleans, La. In addition, he completed a fellowship in clinical neurophysiology, epilepsy and sleep medicine at LSU.
Fernandez is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in neurology and clinical neurophysiology.
He is affiliated with the American Autonomic Society, American Academy of Sleep Medicine, Mississippi State Medical Association, American Medical Association, American Academy of Clinical Neurophysiology and American Academy of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Fernandez earns new certification”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics