Fernandez earns new certification
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 21,2010
Jose P. Fernandez Jr., M.D., a Hattiesburg Clinic neurologist, is among the first physicians in the state to receive a new subspecialty board certification for autonomic disorders by the United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties.
After receiving a medical degree from the University of the Philippines in Manila, Philippines, Fernandez completed an internship at Philippine General Hospital, University of the Philippines, in Manila. He completed a residency in internal medicine at Long Island College Hospital in Brooklyn, N.Y., and residencies in neurology at State University of New York in Brooklyn and at Louisiana State University in New Orleans, La. In addition, he completed a fellowship in clinical neurophysiology, epilepsy and sleep medicine at LSU.
Fernandez is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in neurology and clinical neurophysiology.
He is affiliated with the American Autonomic Society, American Academy of Sleep Medicine, Mississippi State Medical Association, American Medical Association, American Academy of Clinical Neurophysiology and American Academy of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Fernandez earns new certification”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- DAVID DALLAS: Mississippi's in'adequate' public schools
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- C Spire now offering new Blast Motion technology for athletes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios