Fernandez earns new certification
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 21,2010
Jose P. Fernandez Jr., M.D., a Hattiesburg Clinic neurologist, is among the first physicians in the state to receive a new subspecialty board certification for autonomic disorders by the United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties.
After receiving a medical degree from the University of the Philippines in Manila, Philippines, Fernandez completed an internship at Philippine General Hospital, University of the Philippines, in Manila. He completed a residency in internal medicine at Long Island College Hospital in Brooklyn, N.Y., and residencies in neurology at State University of New York in Brooklyn and at Louisiana State University in New Orleans, La. In addition, he completed a fellowship in clinical neurophysiology, epilepsy and sleep medicine at LSU.
Fernandez is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in neurology and clinical neurophysiology.
He is affiliated with the American Autonomic Society, American Academy of Sleep Medicine, Mississippi State Medical Association, American Medical Association, American Academy of Clinical Neurophysiology and American Academy of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Fernandez earns new certification”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter