Keeping Our Eye On: Ben Cole
Published: March 21,2010
Education: BS in hospitality management, University of Southern Mississippi
Current Position: Director of business & trust services, Central Sunbelt Federal Credit Union
Cole says the key to his success was the instilling of a humble servant approach to life by his parents. “I believe that a cheerful servant gets satisfaction in helping others and making someone else’s day brighter and better,” Cole says. “My job allows me to bring a smile to business owner’s faces. My best days on the job are when I contact a client to inform them that I approved their loan request. That feeling is just as good as an artist looking at a masterpiece.”
Cole credits his passion for community involvement to his wife, Monica. “Monica is a hometown Jones County girl… we take pride in our community,” Cole says. He stays active in the Jones County Young Professionals where he is a founding board member and membership chairman. Cole is also president of the Kiwanis Club of Laurel, is on the board for the United Way of the Pine Belt, and is a member of the Pine Belt chapter of the American Red Cross, Leadership Jones County, and the Economic Development Authority for Jones County.
In his spare time, Cole enjoys cooking, golfing, and sporting events. He and his family attend Mt. Pleasant Missionary Baptist church in SoSo.
Mississippi’s best kept secret: Charlie’s Catfish Restaurant in Ellisville
Favorite hangout: Any basketball gym
Favorite Television Show: “Sports Center”
Favorite Band: “New Edition”
Last Book Read: “The Conversation” by Hill Harper
Best Role Model: Ervin “Magic” Johnson
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds