Trynor named CIO at TVA
The Tennessee Valley Authority has named Daniel Traynor as vice president and chief information officer, responsible for TVA’s information resource technologies and operations. Traynor comes to TVA from Southern Company Services, a subsidiary of Southern Company of Atlanta, where he was director of infrastructure services. Traynor, who will report directly to Kilgore, will be responsible for leveraging technology and setting strategies for the corporation’s information resources.
TVA vice president Jacinda Woodward has been serving as acting chief information officer since last fall.
Traynor, who became director of infrastructure services at Southern Company Services in Atlanta in 2003, was responsible for the utility company’s computer operations and telecommunications activities, including execution of a strategic plan and a “Green IT” program that helped conserve four million kilowatt-hours of electricity per year. He also has previous experience at Southern Company subsidiaries Georgia Power and Alabama Power.
Traynor will be based at TVA’s Chattanooga Office Complex in Tennessee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen