Trynor named CIO at TVA
The Tennessee Valley Authority has named Daniel Traynor as vice president and chief information officer, responsible for TVA’s information resource technologies and operations. Traynor comes to TVA from Southern Company Services, a subsidiary of Southern Company of Atlanta, where he was director of infrastructure services. Traynor, who will report directly to Kilgore, will be responsible for leveraging technology and setting strategies for the corporation’s information resources.
TVA vice president Jacinda Woodward has been serving as acting chief information officer since last fall.
Traynor, who became director of infrastructure services at Southern Company Services in Atlanta in 2003, was responsible for the utility company’s computer operations and telecommunications activities, including execution of a strategic plan and a “Green IT” program that helped conserve four million kilowatt-hours of electricity per year. He also has previous experience at Southern Company subsidiaries Georgia Power and Alabama Power.
Traynor will be based at TVA’s Chattanooga Office Complex in Tennessee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch