Trynor named CIO at TVA
The Tennessee Valley Authority has named Daniel Traynor as vice president and chief information officer, responsible for TVA’s information resource technologies and operations. Traynor comes to TVA from Southern Company Services, a subsidiary of Southern Company of Atlanta, where he was director of infrastructure services. Traynor, who will report directly to Kilgore, will be responsible for leveraging technology and setting strategies for the corporation’s information resources.
TVA vice president Jacinda Woodward has been serving as acting chief information officer since last fall.
Traynor, who became director of infrastructure services at Southern Company Services in Atlanta in 2003, was responsible for the utility company’s computer operations and telecommunications activities, including execution of a strategic plan and a “Green IT” program that helped conserve four million kilowatt-hours of electricity per year. He also has previous experience at Southern Company subsidiaries Georgia Power and Alabama Power.
Traynor will be based at TVA’s Chattanooga Office Complex in Tennessee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects