Trynor named CIO at TVA
The Tennessee Valley Authority has named Daniel Traynor as vice president and chief information officer, responsible for TVA’s information resource technologies and operations. Traynor comes to TVA from Southern Company Services, a subsidiary of Southern Company of Atlanta, where he was director of infrastructure services. Traynor, who will report directly to Kilgore, will be responsible for leveraging technology and setting strategies for the corporation’s information resources.
TVA vice president Jacinda Woodward has been serving as acting chief information officer since last fall.
Traynor, who became director of infrastructure services at Southern Company Services in Atlanta in 2003, was responsible for the utility company’s computer operations and telecommunications activities, including execution of a strategic plan and a “Green IT” program that helped conserve four million kilowatt-hours of electricity per year. He also has previous experience at Southern Company subsidiaries Georgia Power and Alabama Power.
Traynor will be based at TVA’s Chattanooga Office Complex in Tennessee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications