Trynor named CIO at TVA
The Tennessee Valley Authority has named Daniel Traynor as vice president and chief information officer, responsible for TVA’s information resource technologies and operations. Traynor comes to TVA from Southern Company Services, a subsidiary of Southern Company of Atlanta, where he was director of infrastructure services. Traynor, who will report directly to Kilgore, will be responsible for leveraging technology and setting strategies for the corporation’s information resources.
TVA vice president Jacinda Woodward has been serving as acting chief information officer since last fall.
Traynor, who became director of infrastructure services at Southern Company Services in Atlanta in 2003, was responsible for the utility company’s computer operations and telecommunications activities, including execution of a strategic plan and a “Green IT” program that helped conserve four million kilowatt-hours of electricity per year. He also has previous experience at Southern Company subsidiaries Georgia Power and Alabama Power.
Traynor will be based at TVA’s Chattanooga Office Complex in Tennessee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas