Trynor named CIO at TVA
The Tennessee Valley Authority has named Daniel Traynor as vice president and chief information officer, responsible for TVA’s information resource technologies and operations. Traynor comes to TVA from Southern Company Services, a subsidiary of Southern Company of Atlanta, where he was director of infrastructure services. Traynor, who will report directly to Kilgore, will be responsible for leveraging technology and setting strategies for the corporation’s information resources.
TVA vice president Jacinda Woodward has been serving as acting chief information officer since last fall.
Traynor, who became director of infrastructure services at Southern Company Services in Atlanta in 2003, was responsible for the utility company’s computer operations and telecommunications activities, including execution of a strategic plan and a “Green IT” program that helped conserve four million kilowatt-hours of electricity per year. He also has previous experience at Southern Company subsidiaries Georgia Power and Alabama Power.
Traynor will be based at TVA’s Chattanooga Office Complex in Tennessee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hunters urged to help fight wild hog population
- Grocery store settles discrimination case with EEOC
- County to borrow $24M for wood pellet terminal at port
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- DMR sends letter to MDA over marine leasing, seismic activity
- Supreme Court refuses to hear drilling moratorium case
- Diet clinic owner, manager arrested on drug charges
- Court refuses again to remove judge from murder-for-hire case
- Cochran: 'We are making progress' on farm bill
- Power plant lands $181M loan from USDA