Wilson lands MTA board seat
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 21,2010
Bob Wilson, executive director of the Mississippi Main Street Association (MMSA), has been elected to the board of directors for the Mississippi Tourism Association (MTA). Wilson will serve as vice president of tourism-related industry for the 2010-2011 year term.
Wilson has more than 30 years of sales and marketing experience. He has been with MMSA since 1998 and has served as executive director since 2005.
Wilson currently serves on the Executive Committee of the National Trust Main Street Coordinators and was appointed by Gov. Haley Barbour to the 2009-2010 Delta Leadership Institute. He also serves on the board of directors for the Mississippi Heritage Hills Area Alliance, Mississippi Heritage Trust, Munistrategies and Downtown Jackson Partners.
Wilson is married to Lisa Robins Wilson, and they are the proud parents of 17-year-old daughter Storey Kate and 15-year-old son Will Carter.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)