DSU establishes financial assistance program

by Wally Northway

Published: March 22,2010

Tags: education, higher education, student financial aid

CLEVELAND — In an effort to assist students without the financial means to pursue a college education, Delta State University is announcing its new Student Assurance Program.

The Student Assurance Program guarantees access to higher education for Mississippi students from families in the lowest income categories. All dependent students from families with annual earnings of less than $35,000 will be included, as will independent students who qualify on the basis of the federal financial aid analysis. The program will go into effect in the fall.

Qualified students will have all tuition costs met through a combination of federal, state and institutional grants. Students must complete all federal and state financial aid applications each year in order to participate in the program,

The program is available for up to four years for entering freshmen with a composite ACT score of 18 or higher and two years for community college transfers pursuing an undergraduate degree. Students must maintain full-time enrollment with a minimum GPA of 2.5.

[RSS Feed] [del.icio.us]

To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.

POST A COMMENT

Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail

Our annual "Come See Us" magazine offers ideas for spots in Mississippi ranging from golf to culture to history to food. Click the photo for ideas, stories and access to the digital edition of this year's magazine.

Still planning that summer vacation?

FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTER

Top Posts & Pages

%d bloggers like this: