Tegerdine gets support from Tea Party
Published: March 22,2010
GULFPORT — Two South Mississippi conservative groups have announced the endorsement of a candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives in the 4th Congressional District.
The Mississippi Gulf Coast 912 Group and the 912 Project Hattiesburg have officially endorsed Joe Tegerdine, a Republican candidate who is running against 20-year incumbent, Gene Taylor, a Democrat, in the November election. Other 4th District 912 Project and Tea Party groups are expected to follow suit, making Tegerdine the Tea Party candidate for the 4th District.
“After a considerable candidate vetting process, we feel that Joe Tegerdine more closely represents the principles and values that are needed in order to restore accountability to our government,” said Daniel Triplett, founder of the Mississippi Gulf Coast 912 Project. “Joe has the integrity, the experience and the conviction that our voters expect of our representative.”
Tegerdine is running on a platform of “New Leadership, Limited Government, Fiscal Discipline and a Strong National Defense.” A statement on his web site reads: “Our government should not have the authority to take our private property and give it to a corporation or other private entity. There is no justifiable reason for infringing upon our fundamental and constitutionally protected property rights. Whatever the rationale today, will be the unwinding of more of our freedoms later. Today is the day we begin to build a bastion around our Constitution to protect our fundamental rights of life, liberty, and property.”
The 912 Project is made up of political watchdog groups with over 1,000 members between the Coast and Hattiesburg groups and several hundred thousand nationwide. They were formed through conservative national talk show host Glenn Beck’s “We Surround Them” project with the goal to help bring back accountability in government.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
9 Responses to “Tegerdine gets support from Tea Party”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge