Tegerdine gets support from Tea Party
Published: March 22,2010
GULFPORT — Two South Mississippi conservative groups have announced the endorsement of a candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives in the 4th Congressional District.
The Mississippi Gulf Coast 912 Group and the 912 Project Hattiesburg have officially endorsed Joe Tegerdine, a Republican candidate who is running against 20-year incumbent, Gene Taylor, a Democrat, in the November election. Other 4th District 912 Project and Tea Party groups are expected to follow suit, making Tegerdine the Tea Party candidate for the 4th District.
“After a considerable candidate vetting process, we feel that Joe Tegerdine more closely represents the principles and values that are needed in order to restore accountability to our government,” said Daniel Triplett, founder of the Mississippi Gulf Coast 912 Project. “Joe has the integrity, the experience and the conviction that our voters expect of our representative.”
Tegerdine is running on a platform of “New Leadership, Limited Government, Fiscal Discipline and a Strong National Defense.” A statement on his web site reads: “Our government should not have the authority to take our private property and give it to a corporation or other private entity. There is no justifiable reason for infringing upon our fundamental and constitutionally protected property rights. Whatever the rationale today, will be the unwinding of more of our freedoms later. Today is the day we begin to build a bastion around our Constitution to protect our fundamental rights of life, liberty, and property.”
The 912 Project is made up of political watchdog groups with over 1,000 members between the Coast and Hattiesburg groups and several hundred thousand nationwide. They were formed through conservative national talk show host Glenn Beck’s “We Surround Them” project with the goal to help bring back accountability in government.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
9 Responses to “Tegerdine gets support from Tea Party”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- S&P: State in top 10 in U.S. in sales tax dependency
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015