MAPE unveils winning school partnerships
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Association of Partners in Education (MAPE) will recognize Mississippi’s top school-community partnerships at the 25th annual MAPE State Conference April 8 at the Hilton of Jackson.
• Jackson — Watkins Elementary School Playground Project, Rowan Middle School “I Too Can Fly” program, Wingfield High School and Entergy Mississippi Inc. and Jackson Public Schools’ Transformation Jackson Shine ’09
• Moss Point — Moss Point School District and Moss Point Visionary Circle Inc.
• Pascagoula — Pascagoula School District‘s Family Interactive Center
The Partnership Excellence Award winners are:
• Jackson — George Elementary School and Fondren Presbyterian Church, Colonial Heights Baptist Church, Hinds County Sheriff’s Department and Battlefield Neighborhood Association, Jackson Public Schools’ Developing Community Partnerships initiative
• Tupelo — Thomas Street Elementary and Mississippi Department of Transportation
“These partnerships focus on specific areas where Mississippi schools need to improve, such as performance in math and science, more parental involvement and programs that emphasize health and physical education,” said Cheryl Comans of Entergy Mississippi, president of MAPE. “Partnership support is even more vital now as schools face serious budget cuts that could strip away many innovative programs. Strong partnerships help schools set and achieve more ambitious goals that benefit students, teachers and communities.”
The Governor’s Award selection committee, comprising representatives from business/industry, nonprofits and education, judged each entry using a uniform set of criteria to measure overall effectiveness of partnership activities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “MAPE unveils winning school partnerships”
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years