Sixteenth Section lease info now online
by Wally Northway
Published: March 23,2010
“This is truly an amazing new product,” said Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann. “Mississippians interested in leasing hunting and fishing land from the state can get a comprehensive view of the land they are looking to lease through this program. In many areas, the maps are so detailed, cars are actually visible on the roads.”
On the new hunting and fishing feature of the website, deer indicate leases which expire in 2010 and targets indicate leases in which the bidding process is currently open. Also listed is the current amount of the lease, acreage, school district contact information as well as the forest management plan for the particular parcel.
“This new program is designed to increase the use of our hunting and fishing leases by the public throughout the State. Hopefully, revenue will increase as well, meaning more money pumped back into our schools, and the less taxpayers will have to supplement our school systems. This is a win-win for everyone,” said Hosemann.
Based on current projections, school districts generate roughly $2.8 million in hunting and fishing leases this year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Sixteenth Section lease info now online”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip