Aerotec goes Hollywood again
PICAYUNE — Aerotec, LLC, recently provided airborne LIDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) for IBM’s “Smarter Planet” series of videos.
“Data Anthem” was produced by Ogilvy & Mather New York and directed by James Frost of Zoo Films. Aerotec’s airborne LIDAR was used for the opening scene and some of the follow-on scenes.
IBM’s “Smarter Planet” videos are being used to convey the idea that the data all around us is spatially and logically “connected” and can be processed in a variety of ways to enrich our daily life on the planet while preserving the planet and its resources at the same time.
Aerotec provided airborne LIDAR pointcloud data for approximately seven square miles of the downtown area of Houston, Texas, at a nominal point density of 40 LIDAR points per square meter. Emphasis was placed on detailed definitions of all buildings from the top of the buildings down to street level. Street details were also provided, including cars, trucks and pedestrians. Additionally, emphasis was placed on infrastructure such as elevated roadways, railroads, drainage features and other elevated structures. Post-production added dimension and space within the environment to really convey the idea that our world is alive with data.
This is Aerotec’s second collaboration with Hollywood-based Zoo Films director Frost. In 2008, Aerotec provided airborne color 3D LIDAR models (large outdoor scenes) to Zoo Films for the production of a new and innovative music video featuring the alternative British rock group RADIOHEAD and their release, “House of Cards.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects