Aerotec goes Hollywood again
PICAYUNE — Aerotec, LLC, recently provided airborne LIDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) for IBM’s “Smarter Planet” series of videos.
“Data Anthem” was produced by Ogilvy & Mather New York and directed by James Frost of Zoo Films. Aerotec’s airborne LIDAR was used for the opening scene and some of the follow-on scenes.
IBM’s “Smarter Planet” videos are being used to convey the idea that the data all around us is spatially and logically “connected” and can be processed in a variety of ways to enrich our daily life on the planet while preserving the planet and its resources at the same time.
Aerotec provided airborne LIDAR pointcloud data for approximately seven square miles of the downtown area of Houston, Texas, at a nominal point density of 40 LIDAR points per square meter. Emphasis was placed on detailed definitions of all buildings from the top of the buildings down to street level. Street details were also provided, including cars, trucks and pedestrians. Additionally, emphasis was placed on infrastructure such as elevated roadways, railroads, drainage features and other elevated structures. Post-production added dimension and space within the environment to really convey the idea that our world is alive with data.
This is Aerotec’s second collaboration with Hollywood-based Zoo Films director Frost. In 2008, Aerotec provided airborne color 3D LIDAR models (large outdoor scenes) to Zoo Films for the production of a new and innovative music video featuring the alternative British rock group RADIOHEAD and their release, “House of Cards.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional