Attorneys preparing for Toyota lawsuits
by Associated Press
Published: March 24,2010
SAN DIEGO — More than 150 attorneys are meeting in San Diego to sharpen their legal tools on the eve of a major federal court hearing on whether dozens of Toyota acceleration cases will be consolidated before a single judge.
The main topic at Wednesday’s conference was a hearing scheduled before a panel of federal judges on Thursday. The judges will decide whether to combine more than 100 Toyota lawsuits.
So far 19 jurisdictions have been suggested. They include California, Florida, Kentucky and even Puerto Rico. The panel is not required to pick from that list.
Toyota faces an avalanche of lawsuits that potentially could cost the company billions of dollars following its recall of more than 8 million vehicles worldwide over sudden unexpected acceleration.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Council wants more info on proposed baseball stadium