Nissan-Canton unveils $118M expansion
CANTON — Nissan officials say the company has completed a $118 million expansion and modification of its Mississippi plant and will begin production trials on its new commercial vans within weeks.
The vans, introduced last month at the Work Truck Show in St. Louis, represent a new North American endeavor for the auto manufacturer. Nissan produces commercial vehicles in other countries, but until now resisted entering the market in the U.S.
To produce the vans, Nissan has reassigned 600 employees at the plant, reconfigured 138,200 square feet of existing space and added 63,400 square feet.
The new commercial vans will be in production by the fall. The plant in Canton, Miss., currently produces the Altima, Armada, Titan and the Infiniti QX56.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Nissan-Canton unveils $118M expansion”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility