Nissan-Canton unveils $118M expansion
CANTON — Nissan officials say the company has completed a $118 million expansion and modification of its Mississippi plant and will begin production trials on its new commercial vans within weeks.
The vans, introduced last month at the Work Truck Show in St. Louis, represent a new North American endeavor for the auto manufacturer. Nissan produces commercial vehicles in other countries, but until now resisted entering the market in the U.S.
To produce the vans, Nissan has reassigned 600 employees at the plant, reconfigured 138,200 square feet of existing space and added 63,400 square feet.
The new commercial vans will be in production by the fall. The plant in Canton, Miss., currently produces the Altima, Armada, Titan and the Infiniti QX56.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Nissan-Canton unveils $118M expansion”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar