Nissan-Canton unveils $118M expansion
CANTON — Nissan officials say the company has completed a $118 million expansion and modification of its Mississippi plant and will begin production trials on its new commercial vans within weeks.
The vans, introduced last month at the Work Truck Show in St. Louis, represent a new North American endeavor for the auto manufacturer. Nissan produces commercial vehicles in other countries, but until now resisted entering the market in the U.S.
To produce the vans, Nissan has reassigned 600 employees at the plant, reconfigured 138,200 square feet of existing space and added 63,400 square feet.
The new commercial vans will be in production by the fall. The plant in Canton, Miss., currently produces the Altima, Armada, Titan and the Infiniti QX56.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Nissan-Canton unveils $118M expansion”
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month