Nissan-Canton unveils $118M expansion
CANTON — Nissan officials say the company has completed a $118 million expansion and modification of its Mississippi plant and will begin production trials on its new commercial vans within weeks.
The vans, introduced last month at the Work Truck Show in St. Louis, represent a new North American endeavor for the auto manufacturer. Nissan produces commercial vehicles in other countries, but until now resisted entering the market in the U.S.
To produce the vans, Nissan has reassigned 600 employees at the plant, reconfigured 138,200 square feet of existing space and added 63,400 square feet.
The new commercial vans will be in production by the fall. The plant in Canton, Miss., currently produces the Altima, Armada, Titan and the Infiniti QX56.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Nissan-Canton unveils $118M expansion”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi