Nissan-Canton unveils $118M expansion
CANTON — Nissan officials say the company has completed a $118 million expansion and modification of its Mississippi plant and will begin production trials on its new commercial vans within weeks.
The vans, introduced last month at the Work Truck Show in St. Louis, represent a new North American endeavor for the auto manufacturer. Nissan produces commercial vehicles in other countries, but until now resisted entering the market in the U.S.
To produce the vans, Nissan has reassigned 600 employees at the plant, reconfigured 138,200 square feet of existing space and added 63,400 square feet.
The new commercial vans will be in production by the fall. The plant in Canton, Miss., currently produces the Altima, Armada, Titan and the Infiniti QX56.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Nissan-Canton unveils $118M expansion”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal