Sportsman Casino plans moving forward
TUNICA — An official says architectural plans are being drawn for the proposed Sportsman Casino in Tunica with plans to secure major backers by the fall.
The casino would be located on the old Isle of Capri site. It’s slated to open in fall 2011.
Bobby Leatherman, whose family owns the site, gave the state Gaming Commission an update today. He says casino executives want to have the plans completed before they look for the funds to build it. He says investment bankers have told them they are confident the money can be raised.
Sportsman Casino would be about 50,000 square feet. The old Isle of Capri, which closed in 2002, had 28,000 square feet of gaming space.
The Sportsman received site approval in February.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches