Sportsman Casino plans moving forward
TUNICA — An official says architectural plans are being drawn for the proposed Sportsman Casino in Tunica with plans to secure major backers by the fall.
The casino would be located on the old Isle of Capri site. It’s slated to open in fall 2011.
Bobby Leatherman, whose family owns the site, gave the state Gaming Commission an update today. He says casino executives want to have the plans completed before they look for the funds to build it. He says investment bankers have told them they are confident the money can be raised.
Sportsman Casino would be about 50,000 square feet. The old Isle of Capri, which closed in 2002, had 28,000 square feet of gaming space.
The Sportsman received site approval in February.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project