Sportsman Casino plans moving forward
TUNICA — An official says architectural plans are being drawn for the proposed Sportsman Casino in Tunica with plans to secure major backers by the fall.
The casino would be located on the old Isle of Capri site. It’s slated to open in fall 2011.
Bobby Leatherman, whose family owns the site, gave the state Gaming Commission an update today. He says casino executives want to have the plans completed before they look for the funds to build it. He says investment bankers have told them they are confident the money can be raised.
Sportsman Casino would be about 50,000 square feet. The old Isle of Capri, which closed in 2002, had 28,000 square feet of gaming space.
The Sportsman received site approval in February.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation