Sportsman Casino plans moving forward
TUNICA — An official says architectural plans are being drawn for the proposed Sportsman Casino in Tunica with plans to secure major backers by the fall.
The casino would be located on the old Isle of Capri site. It’s slated to open in fall 2011.
Bobby Leatherman, whose family owns the site, gave the state Gaming Commission an update today. He says casino executives want to have the plans completed before they look for the funds to build it. He says investment bankers have told them they are confident the money can be raised.
Sportsman Casino would be about 50,000 square feet. The old Isle of Capri, which closed in 2002, had 28,000 square feet of gaming space.
The Sportsman received site approval in February.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Appeals panel rules against town in race discrimination case
- Entrepreneurs want ordinance change to add micro-brewery