Sportsman Casino plans moving forward
TUNICA — An official says architectural plans are being drawn for the proposed Sportsman Casino in Tunica with plans to secure major backers by the fall.
The casino would be located on the old Isle of Capri site. It’s slated to open in fall 2011.
Bobby Leatherman, whose family owns the site, gave the state Gaming Commission an update today. He says casino executives want to have the plans completed before they look for the funds to build it. He says investment bankers have told them they are confident the money can be raised.
Sportsman Casino would be about 50,000 square feet. The old Isle of Capri, which closed in 2002, had 28,000 square feet of gaming space.
The Sportsman received site approval in February.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41