Lane Furniture expanding, adding jobs
by Wally Northway
Published: March 26,2010
LEE COUNTY — Lane Furniture Industries is expanding two of its Lee County locations to accommodate an increase in production. The cost of the project was not disclosed.
The expansion is creating a total of 186 new jobs, bringing the total number of Lane employees in Lee County to 2,051. Eighty-five of the jobs created through the expansion are already in place.
Lane officials utilized the Mississippi Development Authority’s (MDA’s) Existing Manufacturers Job Rebate Program to help facilitate the expansion.
Headquartered in Tupelo, Lane is owned by Furniture Brands International, which also owns well-known brand companies such as Broyhill, Thomasville, Drexel Heritage and Maitland Smith.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey