Lane Furniture expanding, adding jobs
Published: March 26,2010
LEE COUNTY — Lane Furniture Industries is expanding two of its Lee County locations to accommodate an increase in production. The cost of the project was not disclosed.
The expansion is creating a total of 186 new jobs, bringing the total number of Lane employees in Lee County to 2,051. Eighty-five of the jobs created through the expansion are already in place.
Lane officials utilized the Mississippi Development Authority’s (MDA’s) Existing Manufacturers Job Rebate Program to help facilitate the expansion.
Headquartered in Tupelo, Lane is owned by Furniture Brands International, which also owns well-known brand companies such as Broyhill, Thomasville, Drexel Heritage and Maitland Smith.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'