Lane Furniture expanding, adding jobs
Published: March 26,2010
LEE COUNTY — Lane Furniture Industries is expanding two of its Lee County locations to accommodate an increase in production. The cost of the project was not disclosed.
The expansion is creating a total of 186 new jobs, bringing the total number of Lane employees in Lee County to 2,051. Eighty-five of the jobs created through the expansion are already in place.
Lane officials utilized the Mississippi Development Authority’s (MDA’s) Existing Manufacturers Job Rebate Program to help facilitate the expansion.
Headquartered in Tupelo, Lane is owned by Furniture Brands International, which also owns well-known brand companies such as Broyhill, Thomasville, Drexel Heritage and Maitland Smith.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015