Lane Furniture expanding, adding jobs
by Wally Northway
Published: March 26,2010
LEE COUNTY — Lane Furniture Industries is expanding two of its Lee County locations to accommodate an increase in production. The cost of the project was not disclosed.
The expansion is creating a total of 186 new jobs, bringing the total number of Lane employees in Lee County to 2,051. Eighty-five of the jobs created through the expansion are already in place.
Lane officials utilized the Mississippi Development Authority’s (MDA’s) Existing Manufacturers Job Rebate Program to help facilitate the expansion.
Headquartered in Tupelo, Lane is owned by Furniture Brands International, which also owns well-known brand companies such as Broyhill, Thomasville, Drexel Heritage and Maitland Smith.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit