Sweet potato farmer assistance approved
by Associated Press
Published: March 26,2010
JACKSON — A new law says Mississippi can provide up to $17 million in loan guarantees to sweet potato farmers.
Gov. Haley Barbour signed the loan bill March 24, and it became law immediately.
The Mississippi Development Authority can extend the loan guarantees to sweet potato farmers who had disaster-related losses in 2009. Those seeking the state aid must apply by Aug. 1.
The bill is House Bill 1681.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Sweet potato farmer assistance approved”
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil