Sweet potato farmer assistance approved
by Associated Press
Published: March 26,2010
JACKSON — A new law says Mississippi can provide up to $17 million in loan guarantees to sweet potato farmers.
Gov. Haley Barbour signed the loan bill March 24, and it became law immediately.
The Mississippi Development Authority can extend the loan guarantees to sweet potato farmers who had disaster-related losses in 2009. Those seeking the state aid must apply by Aug. 1.
The bill is House Bill 1681.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Sweet potato farmer assistance approved”
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Nullification and interposition
- Court rules in clinic dispute involving St. Dominic, HMA
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Commission eyeing unauthorized changes to historic structures
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district