Sweet potato farmer assistance approved
Published: March 26,2010
JACKSON — A new law says Mississippi can provide up to $17 million in loan guarantees to sweet potato farmers.
Gov. Haley Barbour signed the loan bill March 24, and it became law immediately.
The Mississippi Development Authority can extend the loan guarantees to sweet potato farmers who had disaster-related losses in 2009. Those seeking the state aid must apply by Aug. 1.
The bill is House Bill 1681.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Sweet potato farmer assistance approved”
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs