Sweet potato farmer assistance approved
Published: March 26,2010
JACKSON — A new law says Mississippi can provide up to $17 million in loan guarantees to sweet potato farmers.
Gov. Haley Barbour signed the loan bill March 24, and it became law immediately.
The Mississippi Development Authority can extend the loan guarantees to sweet potato farmers who had disaster-related losses in 2009. Those seeking the state aid must apply by Aug. 1.
The bill is House Bill 1681.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Sweet potato farmer assistance approved”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren