Sweet potato farmer assistance approved
Published: March 26,2010
JACKSON — A new law says Mississippi can provide up to $17 million in loan guarantees to sweet potato farmers.
Gov. Haley Barbour signed the loan bill March 24, and it became law immediately.
The Mississippi Development Authority can extend the loan guarantees to sweet potato farmers who had disaster-related losses in 2009. Those seeking the state aid must apply by Aug. 1.
The bill is House Bill 1681.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Sweet potato farmer assistance approved”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image