Chang practicing at Baptist
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 28,2010
Joon Chang, M.D., an interventional cardiologist, has joined the staff at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle. Chang is a 1984 graduate of State University of New York at Albany where he received a bachelor’s degree in chemistry. He is a 1988 graduate of New York Medical College in Valhalla, N.Y. He completed his residency in internal medicine and his cardiovascular fellowship at North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset, N.Y.
Chang comes to Baptist Golden Triangle from the Metropolitan Cardiology Group in Teaneck, N.J. He has been a clinical assistant professor at Weil Cornell Medical College at Cornell University in New York since 2003. Chang is a former clinical assistant professor at the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Rockford, Ill., and former director of CCU at New York Hospital in Queens, N.Y.
Chang’s board certifications include: diplomat, American Board of Internal Medicine; diplomat, American Board of Internal Medicine – Cardiovascular Medicine; diplomat, Certification Board of Nuclear Cardiology, and diplomat, American Board of Internal Medicine, Interventional Cardiology. He is also a Fellow in the American College of Cardiology and a member of the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology, the American Heart Association and the Vascular Biology Working Group.
Chang and his wife, Songcha, have two children, David and Audrey.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran