Harper named AbilityOne Champion
Rep. Gregg Harper (R-Miss.) was recently named an AbilityOne Champion in recognition of his efforts to create good-paying jobs with excellent benefits for people who are blind. Mississippi Industries for the Blind executive director Mike Chew presented the AbilityOne Champion award to Harper at a ceremony in Washington, D.C., March 10.
The AbilityOne Champion Award is given by National Industries for the Blind (NIB) and its associated nonprofit agencies to honor members of Congress for their commitment to the creation of good-paying jobs with excellent benefits for individuals who are blind at a net cost savings to the federal government.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option