Harper named AbilityOne Champion
Rep. Gregg Harper (R-Miss.) was recently named an AbilityOne Champion in recognition of his efforts to create good-paying jobs with excellent benefits for people who are blind. Mississippi Industries for the Blind executive director Mike Chew presented the AbilityOne Champion award to Harper at a ceremony in Washington, D.C., March 10.
The AbilityOne Champion Award is given by National Industries for the Blind (NIB) and its associated nonprofit agencies to honor members of Congress for their commitment to the creation of good-paying jobs with excellent benefits for individuals who are blind at a net cost savings to the federal government.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November