Harper named AbilityOne Champion
Rep. Gregg Harper (R-Miss.) was recently named an AbilityOne Champion in recognition of his efforts to create good-paying jobs with excellent benefits for people who are blind. Mississippi Industries for the Blind executive director Mike Chew presented the AbilityOne Champion award to Harper at a ceremony in Washington, D.C., March 10.
The AbilityOne Champion Award is given by National Industries for the Blind (NIB) and its associated nonprofit agencies to honor members of Congress for their commitment to the creation of good-paying jobs with excellent benefits for individuals who are blind at a net cost savings to the federal government.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- BILL CRAWFORD: Keep schools free from preventable diseases
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast