Harper named AbilityOne Champion
Rep. Gregg Harper (R-Miss.) was recently named an AbilityOne Champion in recognition of his efforts to create good-paying jobs with excellent benefits for people who are blind. Mississippi Industries for the Blind executive director Mike Chew presented the AbilityOne Champion award to Harper at a ceremony in Washington, D.C., March 10.
The AbilityOne Champion Award is given by National Industries for the Blind (NIB) and its associated nonprofit agencies to honor members of Congress for their commitment to the creation of good-paying jobs with excellent benefits for individuals who are blind at a net cost savings to the federal government.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues