Harper named AbilityOne Champion
Rep. Gregg Harper (R-Miss.) was recently named an AbilityOne Champion in recognition of his efforts to create good-paying jobs with excellent benefits for people who are blind. Mississippi Industries for the Blind executive director Mike Chew presented the AbilityOne Champion award to Harper at a ceremony in Washington, D.C., March 10.
The AbilityOne Champion Award is given by National Industries for the Blind (NIB) and its associated nonprofit agencies to honor members of Congress for their commitment to the creation of good-paying jobs with excellent benefits for individuals who are blind at a net cost savings to the federal government.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete