MES recognizes MDOT engineers
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 28,2010
The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) is proud to announce winners of several awards by the Mississippi Engineering Society (MES). MDOT District Six engineer Steve Twedt was named Mississippi’s “Engineer of the Year.” Mark McConnell, MDOT assistant chief engineer of Jackson, was recognized as the “Mississippi Government Engineer of the Year.” And, Matt Tillman of Southeast Mississippi Electric Power Association (SMEPA) was named “Young Engineer of the Year.”
Named District Six engineer two years ago, Twedt began working for MDOT soon after he graduated from Mississippi State University with his engineering degree in 1986. Along with roles in the Bridge Division, Twedt worked in the Gulfport Project Office and later accepted a position in the District Six headquarters in Hattiesburg. He has served in leadership with the MES, currently as the president-elect, along with other professional organizations.
McConnell began working for MDOT in 1988, shortly after graduating from Louisiana State University with an engineering degree in 1987. Along with many years of service with the MES, McConnell actively serves in many professional organizations and community service groups.
Tillman graduated from Mississippi State with an engineering degree in 2004. His award is given to an engineering professional with outstanding service to his or her profession, under the age of 35.
The awards were presented at the MES Awards Banquet in Jackson in March. The MES has been recognizing the accomplishments of engineers since 1994.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager