The gun owners I know do not cause me fear
by For the MBJ
Published: March 28,2010
Your response to Sen. Merle Flowers proposed bill has little to do with being anti-business and nothing whatsoever to affecting or not affecting a recession. The anti-gun rhetoric from the left is the same worn excuse it has always been. Somehow an in-animate object is magically going to be a threat to society and peace-loving individuals. Nothing could be further from truth. You noted that only permit-holders who have undergone extensive background checks would be allowed to carry guns more places than they are already carrying them. Newsflash: These are not the people you should be concerned about. Look at the statistics on permit-holders committing crimes vs. those without permits committing the same. Those entering a place of business with criminal intent could care less about rules allowing guns or not. That’s what classifies them as criminals – lawbreakers. They don’t abide by rules. Common sense will confirm that no increased risk is caused by a law-abiding citizen carrying a weapon. They may ultimately be your only protection in a crisis.
With the wild actions in Congress these days attempting to go against the will of the majority, I am much more fearful of losing freedoms in our country as we know it. The gun owners I know do not cause me fear.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “The gun owners I know do not cause me fear”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project