The gun owners I know do not cause me fear
by For the MBJ
Published: March 28,2010
Your response to Sen. Merle Flowers proposed bill has little to do with being anti-business and nothing whatsoever to affecting or not affecting a recession. The anti-gun rhetoric from the left is the same worn excuse it has always been. Somehow an in-animate object is magically going to be a threat to society and peace-loving individuals. Nothing could be further from truth. You noted that only permit-holders who have undergone extensive background checks would be allowed to carry guns more places than they are already carrying them. Newsflash: These are not the people you should be concerned about. Look at the statistics on permit-holders committing crimes vs. those without permits committing the same. Those entering a place of business with criminal intent could care less about rules allowing guns or not. That’s what classifies them as criminals – lawbreakers. They don’t abide by rules. Common sense will confirm that no increased risk is caused by a law-abiding citizen carrying a weapon. They may ultimately be your only protection in a crisis.
With the wild actions in Congress these days attempting to go against the will of the majority, I am much more fearful of losing freedoms in our country as we know it. The gun owners I know do not cause me fear.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “The gun owners I know do not cause me fear”
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports