Co-founder of Callon Petroleum dies
by Associated Press
Published: March 29,2010
NATCHEZ — Services for Sim Chase Callon, who with his brother founded what is now Callon Petroleum Co., are scheduled for Tuesday in Natchez.
Callon died at his home Sunday. He was 93.
Officials with Laird Funeral Home say funeral services are set for 3 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church with burial at the Natchez City Cemetery.
In the early 1950s, he joined his brother, John S. Callon, to form Callon Oil & Gas Company, which later became Callon Petroleum.
Today, the company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and engages in the exploration and production of oil and gas onshore and offshore in the United States.
He retired as chairman and chief executive officer in 1981
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Co-founder of Callon Petroleum dies”
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast