Co-founder of Callon Petroleum dies
by Associated Press
Published: March 29,2010
NATCHEZ — Services for Sim Chase Callon, who with his brother founded what is now Callon Petroleum Co., are scheduled for Tuesday in Natchez.
Callon died at his home Sunday. He was 93.
Officials with Laird Funeral Home say funeral services are set for 3 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church with burial at the Natchez City Cemetery.
In the early 1950s, he joined his brother, John S. Callon, to form Callon Oil & Gas Company, which later became Callon Petroleum.
Today, the company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and engages in the exploration and production of oil and gas onshore and offshore in the United States.
He retired as chairman and chief executive officer in 1981
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Co-founder of Callon Petroleum dies”
Top Posts & Pages
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center