Decision on hospital still pending
by Associated Press
Published: March 29,2010
OLIVE BRANCH — State health officials say a decision on Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare’s request to build a hospital in Olive Branch may still be a couple of months away.
A public hearing held in Jackson earlier this month on whether the request should be approved ended with the expectation of a decision within 40 days.
But Rachel Pittman with the state Department of Health tells The Commercial Appeal that officials are awaiting a transcript from the hearing and that opponents would have 20 days to file a response after a decision is made.
Memphis-based Methodist Le Bonheur wants to build a $137-million hospital.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county