Decision on hospital still pending
Published: March 29,2010
OLIVE BRANCH — State health officials say a decision on Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare’s request to build a hospital in Olive Branch may still be a couple of months away.
A public hearing held in Jackson earlier this month on whether the request should be approved ended with the expectation of a decision within 40 days.
But Rachel Pittman with the state Department of Health tells The Commercial Appeal that officials are awaiting a transcript from the hearing and that opponents would have 20 days to file a response after a decision is made.
Memphis-based Methodist Le Bonheur wants to build a $137-million hospital.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force