Decision on hospital still pending
Published: March 29,2010
OLIVE BRANCH — State health officials say a decision on Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare’s request to build a hospital in Olive Branch may still be a couple of months away.
A public hearing held in Jackson earlier this month on whether the request should be approved ended with the expectation of a decision within 40 days.
But Rachel Pittman with the state Department of Health tells The Commercial Appeal that officials are awaiting a transcript from the hearing and that opponents would have 20 days to file a response after a decision is made.
Memphis-based Methodist Le Bonheur wants to build a $137-million hospital.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions