Decision on hospital still pending
Published: March 29,2010
OLIVE BRANCH — State health officials say a decision on Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare’s request to build a hospital in Olive Branch may still be a couple of months away.
A public hearing held in Jackson earlier this month on whether the request should be approved ended with the expectation of a decision within 40 days.
But Rachel Pittman with the state Department of Health tells The Commercial Appeal that officials are awaiting a transcript from the hearing and that opponents would have 20 days to file a response after a decision is made.
Memphis-based Methodist Le Bonheur wants to build a $137-million hospital.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar