Decision on hospital still pending
by Associated Press
Published: March 29,2010
OLIVE BRANCH — State health officials say a decision on Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare’s request to build a hospital in Olive Branch may still be a couple of months away.
A public hearing held in Jackson earlier this month on whether the request should be approved ended with the expectation of a decision within 40 days.
But Rachel Pittman with the state Department of Health tells The Commercial Appeal that officials are awaiting a transcript from the hearing and that opponents would have 20 days to file a response after a decision is made.
Memphis-based Methodist Le Bonheur wants to build a $137-million hospital.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- Real estate developer to plead guilty to wetlands violation
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State