Health Department issues CONs
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) has issued Certificates of Need (CONs) for the following projects:
• Forrest General Hospital, d/b/a Highland Community Hospital, has received CON authority for the construction of a medical office building. The proposed project involves the construction of a 20,000-square-foot, one-story building adjacent to the future Highland Community Hospital in Picayune. The medical office facility is intended for the recruiting of existing and new physicians to that area. The total capital expenditure for this project is approximately $3.8 million.
• Mississippi Baptist Medical Center Inc. in Jackson has received CON authority for the renovation of its nursing units at the hospital’s main campus. The proposed project involves the renovation of 168,000 square feet of existing space. The goal of the project is to retrofit and renovate 14 of the 16 nursing units with a breakdown of two devoted to critical care, 13 comprised of 22 acute care patients rooms per unit and one with 25 single patient rooms housing Mississippi Hospital for Restorative Care’s 25 long-term care beds. The total capital expenditure for this project is $58.65 million.
• University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson has received CON authority for the renovation of the cafeteria on the campus of the existing hospital. The proposed project involves the renovation of 13,866 square feet, including the existing cafeteria and dining areas on the first floor of the main hospital, and the cooking line of the kitchen directly below the cafeteria on the basement level. The total capital expenditure for this project is approximately $4.577 million.
• North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo has received CON authority for the expansion and renovation of the west bedtower. The proposed project involves adding approximately 137,033 square feet of new construction and completely renovating the existing 69,710 square feet of space. Once completed, the facility will provide a total of 250 patient bedrooms, all sized and designed exactly alike, and all about 50 percent larger than the current rooms. The total capital expenditure for this project is approximately $55.1 million.
• Scan This, LLC – Tate County has received CON authority for the establishment of freestanding MRI services at North Oak Regional Medical Center in Senatobia. The proposed project will be a joint venture with P&L Contracting as a vendor of MRI equipment, Scan This, LLC – Tate County as a provider and North Oak Regional Medical Center as the site for the provision of such services. The project does not require any construction or renovation. The total capital expenditure for this project is $6,000.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant