Telapex promotes three staffers
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 29,2010
Telapex Inc. has announced several staff changes. Brooks Alan Taylor, CPA, has been promoted to accounting manager. Taylor joined Telapex as financial accountant in Oct. 2008 with six-plus years’ experience in both public and private accounting. In the new position, he will oversee and refine the accounting and reporting process improvements that were implemented over the last year as well as begin to direct other staff members into some new responsibilities of their own.
Taylor, who currently resides in Madison, is originally from Clinton and holds his certified public accountants license in the State of Mississippi in addition to a masters of professional accountancy degree from Mississippi State University. He and his wife, Amy, have two young children, Briggs and Max.
Rob Mason has been promoted to IT manager. Mason lives with his wife, Amy, and their daughter, Eva in Brookhaven. He obtained his A.A.S. at Hinds Community College and then attended Mississippi College.
Mason brings a significant amount of experience to the table, and has been with Telapex since 1993. In 2007, he accepted the position of IT supervisor. He began his career as a C developer and moved to a systems analyst within two years. He developed and ran the billing processes and did web site development. Mason built and deployed over 100 J2EE Applications using BEA’s WebLogic Server, Oracle, SQL Server, XML, SOA and Open Source Technologies.
Prior to his service with Telapex, Mason was employed by Missco Management Systems as a software developer for point of sale and inventory.
Karsten Hilton has been promoted to IT supervisor. Hilton and his wife, Candace, have three children, Kierstyn, Conner and Kiley. He obtained his bachelors of business administration at Mississippi College after receiving his associates of arts degree from Hinds Community College. He was a crew chief with the U.S. Air Force from 1995 to 1998 launching and recovering F-15′s on the flight line.
Hilton was hired by Telapex in Dec. 2006 as a systems administrator and worked closely with the IT manager during the last three years. He has maintained the Unix/Linux systems, the video middleware and encryption and has provided Peoplesoft support for HR/payroll and has handled the HR/payroll security for all of Telapex’s companies.
Prior to coming to Telapex, Hilton worked in the IT field in varying positions since 2000. He and his father co-owned Sponson Management System and created, developed, rewrote and modified accounting software for small, medium and large businesses to meet their clients’ needs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force