MC adding Rankin County campus
by Associated Press
Published: March 31,2010
Tags: educatiohigher education
FLOWOOD — Mississippi College (MC) is expanding with a new campus in Flowood, which will be home to the Mississippi College Accelerated Degree Program (ADP). Classes will begin this August on the new campus on Laurel Park Cove.
“We believe the City of Flowood is an ideal location for students who are looking for quality education and convenience,” said Jim Turcotte, vice president for enrollment management and student affairs. “Mississippi College is excited about being a partner with Flowood as we both grow and improve.”
MC is already planning to expand its offerings at the Flowood campus. More than 30 classes will be offered initially with the addition of graduate-level and continuing education courses in the future. Boasting eight classrooms, the facility will also use Compressed Interactive Video (CIV), which enables students to connect live anywhere in the world, via video and audio.
MC’s Accelerated Degree Program is designed for adults, including those working full-time while trying to further their education. Each course is offered in eight-week sessions that meet two evenings per week. ADP students can earn degrees in business administration, accounting, marketing, public relations or sociology. Students can earn 30 or more hours a year toward their major attending fall, spring and summer sessions.
Fall enrollment for ADP is set for Aug. 19, with classes starting Aug. 23.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “MC adding Rankin County campus”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain