MC adding Rankin County campus
FLOWOOD — Mississippi College (MC) is expanding with a new campus in Flowood, which will be home to the Mississippi College Accelerated Degree Program (ADP). Classes will begin this August on the new campus on Laurel Park Cove.
“We believe the City of Flowood is an ideal location for students who are looking for quality education and convenience,” said Jim Turcotte, vice president for enrollment management and student affairs. “Mississippi College is excited about being a partner with Flowood as we both grow and improve.”
MC is already planning to expand its offerings at the Flowood campus. More than 30 classes will be offered initially with the addition of graduate-level and continuing education courses in the future. Boasting eight classrooms, the facility will also use Compressed Interactive Video (CIV), which enables students to connect live anywhere in the world, via video and audio.
MC’s Accelerated Degree Program is designed for adults, including those working full-time while trying to further their education. Each course is offered in eight-week sessions that meet two evenings per week. ADP students can earn degrees in business administration, accounting, marketing, public relations or sociology. Students can earn 30 or more hours a year toward their major attending fall, spring and summer sessions.
Fall enrollment for ADP is set for Aug. 19, with classes starting Aug. 23.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “MC adding Rankin County campus”
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years