Shipbuilder wins Egyptian contract
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine has been awarded a contract to build a fourth patrol boat for the Egyptian Navy. The company announced the contract March 30.
The fourth vessel will be built at the company’s Pascagoula shipyard. Halter CEO Bill Skinner says completion is scheduled for the end of 2013.
The Fast Missile Craft is designed for coastal patrol, surveillance, interdiction, surface strike and naval battle group support. Skinner says the vessels will let Egypt maintain coastal security.
VT Halter has about 836 workers at its Pascagoula shipyard. The company also has shipyards in Moss Point.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Shipbuilder wins Egyptian contract”
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Real estate developer to plead guilty to wetlands violation
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State