Shipbuilder wins Egyptian contract
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine has been awarded a contract to build a fourth patrol boat for the Egyptian Navy. The company announced the contract March 30.
The fourth vessel will be built at the company’s Pascagoula shipyard. Halter CEO Bill Skinner says completion is scheduled for the end of 2013.
The Fast Missile Craft is designed for coastal patrol, surveillance, interdiction, surface strike and naval battle group support. Skinner says the vessels will let Egypt maintain coastal security.
VT Halter has about 836 workers at its Pascagoula shipyard. The company also has shipyards in Moss Point.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Shipbuilder wins Egyptian contract”
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete