Shipbuilder wins Egyptian contract
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine has been awarded a contract to build a fourth patrol boat for the Egyptian Navy. The company announced the contract March 30.
The fourth vessel will be built at the company’s Pascagoula shipyard. Halter CEO Bill Skinner says completion is scheduled for the end of 2013.
The Fast Missile Craft is designed for coastal patrol, surveillance, interdiction, surface strike and naval battle group support. Skinner says the vessels will let Egypt maintain coastal security.
VT Halter has about 836 workers at its Pascagoula shipyard. The company also has shipyards in Moss Point.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Shipbuilder wins Egyptian contract”
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month