Shipbuilder wins Egyptian contract
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine has been awarded a contract to build a fourth patrol boat for the Egyptian Navy. The company announced the contract March 30.
The fourth vessel will be built at the company’s Pascagoula shipyard. Halter CEO Bill Skinner says completion is scheduled for the end of 2013.
The Fast Missile Craft is designed for coastal patrol, surveillance, interdiction, surface strike and naval battle group support. Skinner says the vessels will let Egypt maintain coastal security.
VT Halter has about 836 workers at its Pascagoula shipyard. The company also has shipyards in Moss Point.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Shipbuilder wins Egyptian contract”
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones