Shipbuilder wins Egyptian contract
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine has been awarded a contract to build a fourth patrol boat for the Egyptian Navy. The company announced the contract March 30.
The fourth vessel will be built at the company’s Pascagoula shipyard. Halter CEO Bill Skinner says completion is scheduled for the end of 2013.
The Fast Missile Craft is designed for coastal patrol, surveillance, interdiction, surface strike and naval battle group support. Skinner says the vessels will let Egypt maintain coastal security.
VT Halter has about 836 workers at its Pascagoula shipyard. The company also has shipyards in Moss Point.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Shipbuilder wins Egyptian contract”
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey