Commission fines California company
JACKSON — The Mississippi Public Service Commission (MPSC) has fined Angora Hills, Calif.-based Allstar Satellite $10,000 for violating the state’s “No-Call” law.
Allstar violated the law by failing to register on the “No-Call” list. In addition, it failed to purchase the “No-Call” list as required by law, and contacted a consumer registered on the list.
The company has also failed to respond to complaints filed by the MPSC.
Allstar is prohibited from telemarketing and purchasing the “No-Call” list until the $10,000 fine is paid.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Supervisors to talk with trustees about selling hospital
- WOODS: Time to put gloves on for handgrabbing
- The link between education and economic development