California company bringing solar panel plant
SENATOBIA — Twin Creeks Technologies, a venture-backed solar technology company, is locating a solar panel manufacturing facility in Senatobia. The production facility will create 512 jobs, in two phases, over the next five years and represents a company investment of more than $175 million.
Gov. Haley Barbour said, “This facility will be the first renewable solar technology production plant in the state, and I commend this innovative start-up company for its commitment to doing business in the state and for creating over 500 jobs for the residents of Mississippi.”
Twin Creeks was founded in 2008. Headquartered in San Jose, Calif., the company today has engineering and manufacturing locations in Boston and San Jose and a portfolio of more than 50 patents.
The new Senatobia facility will use the company’s proprietary technology to produce photovoltaic solar panels. The new facility will be 250,000 square feet, when complete.
Siva Sivaram, chairman and CEO of Twin Creeks, said, “The State of Mississippi and the Governor’s Office have been extremely helpful in driving the agreement to closure in record time. We look forward to rapidly breaking ground on our first manufacturing site, becoming an active member of the local community and ramping to full production very quickly.”
The State of Mississippi provided loan assistance totaling $50 million through the Mississippi Major Economic Impact Authority for this project. In addition, the state and the City of Senatobia will provide $4 million for infrastructure improvements at the site. Twin Creeks was the first major economic development project to utilize Mississippi’s new clean energy incentives program.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
5 Responses to “California company bringing solar panel plant”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody