Coast doctors sentenced for illegal prescriptions
U.S. District Judge Louis Guirola Jr. sentenced Dr. Richard Trieu April 1 to eight years in prison for prescribing narcotics outside the scope of professional practice. The judge gave Trieu’s wife, Dr. Victoria Van, a year in prison. The judge ordered the couple taken into custody. The parents of two toddlers lost their medical practice after their arrests in May 2008.
After prison, Van will have a year’s probation; Trieu will have five years’ probation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Coast doctors sentenced for illegal prescriptions”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win