Coast doctors sentenced for illegal prescriptions
U.S. District Judge Louis Guirola Jr. sentenced Dr. Richard Trieu April 1 to eight years in prison for prescribing narcotics outside the scope of professional practice. The judge gave Trieu’s wife, Dr. Victoria Van, a year in prison. The judge ordered the couple taken into custody. The parents of two toddlers lost their medical practice after their arrests in May 2008.
After prison, Van will have a year’s probation; Trieu will have five years’ probation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Coast doctors sentenced for illegal prescriptions”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday