Coast doctors sentenced for illegal prescriptions
U.S. District Judge Louis Guirola Jr. sentenced Dr. Richard Trieu April 1 to eight years in prison for prescribing narcotics outside the scope of professional practice. The judge gave Trieu’s wife, Dr. Victoria Van, a year in prison. The judge ordered the couple taken into custody. The parents of two toddlers lost their medical practice after their arrests in May 2008.
After prison, Van will have a year’s probation; Trieu will have five years’ probation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Coast doctors sentenced for illegal prescriptions”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!