Coast doctors sentenced for illegal prescriptions
U.S. District Judge Louis Guirola Jr. sentenced Dr. Richard Trieu April 1 to eight years in prison for prescribing narcotics outside the scope of professional practice. The judge gave Trieu’s wife, Dr. Victoria Van, a year in prison. The judge ordered the couple taken into custody. The parents of two toddlers lost their medical practice after their arrests in May 2008.
After prison, Van will have a year’s probation; Trieu will have five years’ probation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Coast doctors sentenced for illegal prescriptions”
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap