MDA to lead mission to South America
Published: April 2,2010
JACKSON — The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) will lead a delegation of state business leaders on a business development mission to Chile, Ecuador and Peru from June 16-25, 2010.
The trip is designed to connect Mississippi businesses looking to expand trade and create business relationships with opportunities in the three markets. During the mission, participants will be able to meet one-on-one with qualified agents and distributors regarding their products and services.
“Chile, Ecuador and Peru are markets that are rapidly expanding for Mississippi’s businesses,” said MDA executive director Gray Swoope. “Over the past few years, the United States and Mississippi have experienced significant increases in exports to these markets. With free trade agreements in place between the U.S. and Chile and Peru, there really is no better time for the state’s businesses to expand into this region of South America.”
In recent years, and prior to the recent earthquake in Chile, Mississippi exports to Chile have steadily increased. Rebuilding efforts following the earthquake will focus on hospitals, housing and schools, increasing the demand for building materials, including steel, wood and prefabricated housing. By participating in the business development mission, businesses can take advantage of administrative support from MDA before, during and after the event. MDA will provide participating companies with: scheduled appointments with buyers, distributors, agents and brokers; detailed mission guide and customized itineraries; logistical coordination, including local transportation assistance; and, language interpretation services
Space is limited and businesses are encouraged to sign up early. The participation fee is $400 per business per country, and the registration deadline is April 19. Participants are responsible for travel and personal expenses. For more information, contact Rose Boxx, MDA’s Latin American trade specialist, at (601) 359.3045 or email@example.com. Interested parties can also visit MDA’s web site at www.mississippi.org to learn more about the agency’s international marketing services and events or to request a consultation with an international trade specialist.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “MDA to lead mission to South America”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal