Baker Donelson welcomes shareholders
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 4,2010
Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC, is pleased to announce it has elected 10 new shareholders across the firm, including four attorneys in its Jackson office — Amy L. Champagne, Cable M. Frost, Alan L. Smith and Robert F. Walker. Champagne has a diverse litigation and appellate practice, focusing primarily on the areas of products liability, commercial litigation and class actions. A member of the Mississippi and Texas Bars, she is actively involved in the Defense Research Institute, serving on that organization’s Appellate Advocacy, Drug and Medical Device and Product Liability Committees. Champagne received her law degree from Louisiana State University’s Paul M. Hebert Law Center, where she graduated at the top of her class, and also holds an undergraduate degree in chemical engineering from LSU. She was a law clerk for the Honorable W. Eugene Davis following law school, and in 2009, she was recognized as a “Rising Star” by Mid-South Super Lawyers.
A 2002 magna cum laude graduate of the Mississippi College School of Law, Frost concentrates his practice in the areas of product liability, commercial and construction litigation. He is a member of the Defense Research Institute, the Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association and the Jackson Young Lawyers Association. Frost participates in Baker Donelson’s representation of clients in pro bono matters on behalf of the Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project, and he is also active in the Project’s weekly Stewpot Legal Clinic.
Smith focuses his practice on bankruptcy and creditors’ rights, with particular emphasis on commercial lending transactions. A 1996 graduate of the University of Mississippi School of Law, he served as a law clerk to the Mississippi Court of Appeals from 1996 to 1998. Smith is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute, the Mississippi Bankruptcy Conference and the Mississippi Bankers Association. He is admitted to practice in both Mississippi and Alabama.
Walker, a 2002 magna cum laude graduate of the University of Mississippi School of Law, has experience in a variety of litigation matters and concentrates his practice in the areas of product liability and transportation litigation. He is an active member of the Defense Research Institute, serving on the Product Liability, Drug and Medical Device and Young Lawyers Committees. Walker serves as coordinator of Baker Donelson’s participation in the Stewpot Legal Clinic.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more