Callon co-founder dies at 93
Sim Chase Callon, who with his brother founded what is now Callon Petroleum Co., died at his home in Natchez March 28. He was 93.
In the early 1950s, he joined his brother, John S. Callon, to form Callon Oil & Gas Company, which later became Callon Petroleum. Today, the company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and engages in the exploration and production of oil and gas onshore and offshore in the United States.
He retired as chairman and CEO in 1981.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015