Callon co-founder dies at 93
Sim Chase Callon, who with his brother founded what is now Callon Petroleum Co., died at his home in Natchez March 28. He was 93.
In the early 1950s, he joined his brother, John S. Callon, to form Callon Oil & Gas Company, which later became Callon Petroleum. Today, the company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and engages in the exploration and production of oil and gas onshore and offshore in the United States.
He retired as chairman and CEO in 1981.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money