Keeping Our Eye On: Lindsey Wiseman
Published: April 4,2010
Education: B.S. in business administration (Mississippi College), J.D. (University of Mississippi)
Current Position: Associate – Brunini, Grantham, Grower, and Hewes, PLLC
Lindsey Wiseman says that both of her attorney-parents met at the University of Mississippi School of Law and that she chose to embark on a similar path after college, little knowing that she would meet her own husband in the process.
Wiseman majored in accounting at Mississippi College and admits she had a love for the neat and clean “language of business.” Where the principals of accounting are clear as a bright summer day, Wiseman says that problems with the law often arise in ambiguous shades of gray. “Serving as advocate, counselor and advisor to those who seek guidance through the ambiguity is the role of a lawyer,” Wiseman says. “Doing that job well and right is a high calling.”
In addition to earning numerous academic and social honors in college and law school, Wiseman was selected Who’s Who Among American Students, was a member of the Laguna Social Tribe at MC and the Alpha Chi and Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Societies. She was also an associate editor for the Mississippi Law Journal.
Wiseman began her legal career as a paralegal assistant at Brunini and was also a summer associate at Phelps Dunbar, LLP, in Gulfport and Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs, LLP, in Memphis, Tenn. When she’s not working alongside her husband, Starkville mayor Parker Wiseman, Wiseman is an active member of the Greater Starkville Development Partnership, Starkville Young Professionals and the Mississippi Bar Association.
Mississippi’s Best Kept Secret: The rose garden at Mississippi State University
Must-have Mississippi food: Tyler’s Sunday Brunch
Favorite Hangout: Central Station Grill
Favorite TV Show: “House”
Favorite Movie: “Notting Hill”
Favorite Band: Green Day
Last Book Read: “Game Change”
Best Role Model: My Mom
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications