Keeping Our Eye On: Lindsey Wiseman
by Stephen McDill
Published: April 4,2010
Education: B.S. in business administration (Mississippi College), J.D. (University of Mississippi)
Current Position: Associate – Brunini, Grantham, Grower, and Hewes, PLLC
Lindsey Wiseman says that both of her attorney-parents met at the University of Mississippi School of Law and that she chose to embark on a similar path after college, little knowing that she would meet her own husband in the process.
Wiseman majored in accounting at Mississippi College and admits she had a love for the neat and clean “language of business.” Where the principals of accounting are clear as a bright summer day, Wiseman says that problems with the law often arise in ambiguous shades of gray. “Serving as advocate, counselor and advisor to those who seek guidance through the ambiguity is the role of a lawyer,” Wiseman says. “Doing that job well and right is a high calling.”
In addition to earning numerous academic and social honors in college and law school, Wiseman was selected Who’s Who Among American Students, was a member of the Laguna Social Tribe at MC and the Alpha Chi and Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Societies. She was also an associate editor for the Mississippi Law Journal.
Wiseman began her legal career as a paralegal assistant at Brunini and was also a summer associate at Phelps Dunbar, LLP, in Gulfport and Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs, LLP, in Memphis, Tenn. When she’s not working alongside her husband, Starkville mayor Parker Wiseman, Wiseman is an active member of the Greater Starkville Development Partnership, Starkville Young Professionals and the Mississippi Bar Association.
Mississippi’s Best Kept Secret: The rose garden at Mississippi State University
Must-have Mississippi food: Tyler’s Sunday Brunch
Favorite Hangout: Central Station Grill
Favorite TV Show: “House”
Favorite Movie: “Notting Hill”
Favorite Band: Green Day
Last Book Read: “Game Change”
Best Role Model: My Mom
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy