Palmer recognized by Mississippi State
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 4,2010
David Palmer of Synergetics DCS Inc. recently received the Distinguished Fellows Award, presented by Dr. Royce Bowden, professor and department head for the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at Mississippi State University.
Palmer received his bachelors of science in mathematics, with a minor in education, from Mississippi College in 1991. He received his master of science in industrial engineering from Mississippi State University in 1996.
For the past 13 years, Palmer has served as CEO of Synergetics Diversified Computer Services Inc. Synergetics is a Starkville-based Systems Integration Consulting firm. Prior to joining Synergetics, he served as a project engineer for Sovitec, S.A., in Fleurus, Belgium. Prior to joining Sovitec, Palmer spent 10 years in various capacities, including process manager-glass bead production, at Cataphote Inc. in Flowood.
Palmer is a member of the Mississippi State University Alumni Association and a contributor to the Mississippi State University Foundation, Larry Brown Scholarship Fund. He is a past president of the Starkville Optimist Club. Palmer and Synergetics actively support local community organizations including the American Red Cross, Salvation Army, Oktibbeha County Humane Society, Boys and Girls Club of the Golden Triangle, and the Starkville Arts Council.
Palmer was born and reared in Vicksburg. He currently resides in Starkville.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino