Palmer recognized by Mississippi State
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 4,2010
David Palmer of Synergetics DCS Inc. recently received the Distinguished Fellows Award, presented by Dr. Royce Bowden, professor and department head for the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at Mississippi State University.
Palmer received his bachelors of science in mathematics, with a minor in education, from Mississippi College in 1991. He received his master of science in industrial engineering from Mississippi State University in 1996.
For the past 13 years, Palmer has served as CEO of Synergetics Diversified Computer Services Inc. Synergetics is a Starkville-based Systems Integration Consulting firm. Prior to joining Synergetics, he served as a project engineer for Sovitec, S.A., in Fleurus, Belgium. Prior to joining Sovitec, Palmer spent 10 years in various capacities, including process manager-glass bead production, at Cataphote Inc. in Flowood.
Palmer is a member of the Mississippi State University Alumni Association and a contributor to the Mississippi State University Foundation, Larry Brown Scholarship Fund. He is a past president of the Starkville Optimist Club. Palmer and Synergetics actively support local community organizations including the American Red Cross, Salvation Army, Oktibbeha County Humane Society, Boys and Girls Club of the Golden Triangle, and the Starkville Arts Council.
Palmer was born and reared in Vicksburg. He currently resides in Starkville.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip