Palmer recognized by Mississippi State
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 4,2010
David Palmer of Synergetics DCS Inc. recently received the Distinguished Fellows Award, presented by Dr. Royce Bowden, professor and department head for the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at Mississippi State University.
Palmer received his bachelors of science in mathematics, with a minor in education, from Mississippi College in 1991. He received his master of science in industrial engineering from Mississippi State University in 1996.
For the past 13 years, Palmer has served as CEO of Synergetics Diversified Computer Services Inc. Synergetics is a Starkville-based Systems Integration Consulting firm. Prior to joining Synergetics, he served as a project engineer for Sovitec, S.A., in Fleurus, Belgium. Prior to joining Sovitec, Palmer spent 10 years in various capacities, including process manager-glass bead production, at Cataphote Inc. in Flowood.
Palmer is a member of the Mississippi State University Alumni Association and a contributor to the Mississippi State University Foundation, Larry Brown Scholarship Fund. He is a past president of the Starkville Optimist Club. Palmer and Synergetics actively support local community organizations including the American Red Cross, Salvation Army, Oktibbeha County Humane Society, Boys and Girls Club of the Golden Triangle, and the Starkville Arts Council.
Palmer was born and reared in Vicksburg. He currently resides in Starkville.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Lab owner loses challenge to 40 months in waste case
- MSU-CVM professor leads major reference publication
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways