Palmer recognized by Mississippi State
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 4,2010
David Palmer of Synergetics DCS Inc. recently received the Distinguished Fellows Award, presented by Dr. Royce Bowden, professor and department head for the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at Mississippi State University.
Palmer received his bachelors of science in mathematics, with a minor in education, from Mississippi College in 1991. He received his master of science in industrial engineering from Mississippi State University in 1996.
For the past 13 years, Palmer has served as CEO of Synergetics Diversified Computer Services Inc. Synergetics is a Starkville-based Systems Integration Consulting firm. Prior to joining Synergetics, he served as a project engineer for Sovitec, S.A., in Fleurus, Belgium. Prior to joining Sovitec, Palmer spent 10 years in various capacities, including process manager-glass bead production, at Cataphote Inc. in Flowood.
Palmer is a member of the Mississippi State University Alumni Association and a contributor to the Mississippi State University Foundation, Larry Brown Scholarship Fund. He is a past president of the Starkville Optimist Club. Palmer and Synergetics actively support local community organizations including the American Red Cross, Salvation Army, Oktibbeha County Humane Society, Boys and Girls Club of the Golden Triangle, and the Starkville Arts Council.
Palmer was born and reared in Vicksburg. He currently resides in Starkville.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money