Parkman named to national post
Charles J. Parkman, M.D., was recently appointed to serve as governor for the State of Mississippi for the American College of Chest Physicians. In this position, Parkman will foster support for the advocacy initiatives of the ACCP, an organization that holds a membership of more than 17,500 members internationally.
Parkman is a pulmonologist and critical care physician for Hattiesburg Clinic and Forrest General Hospital in Hattiesburg. He received his medical degree from the University of Mississippi School of Medicine in Jackson, and completed an internship in general medicine, residency in internal medicine and fellowship in pulmonology at the University Hospital in Jackson. Parkman is board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Subspecialty Board of Pulmonary Medicine and Subspecialty Board of Critical Care Medicine.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three