Restaurant owners recognized nationally
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 4,2010
Restaurant owners from Jackson has been selected as a national finalist for the National Restaurant Association’s Faces of Diversity Awards. Yuriy and Olga Abramovich, owners, Olga’s Fine Dining, were chosen as finalists out of nearly 100 restaurateurs nationwide in the American Dream category of the awards. The American Dream Award honors individuals from diverse backgrounds who have realized the American dream in the restaurant and foodservice industry.
Selected by a panel of industry leaders, the national winners of the Faces of Diversity Awards will be announced on April 14 in Washington, D.C., at the National Restaurant Association’s 2010 Public Affairs Conference.
The Faces of Diversity Awards program, created in partnership with PepsiCo Foodservice, celebrates the restaurant industry’s successes and proactive efforts to embrace workforce diversity and inclusion. The program has two categories: the American Dream Award for individual restaurateurs; and, the Inspiration Award, honoring restaurant companies that exhibit leadership and vision as advocates of diversity and inclusion through key programs and initiatives. Three restaurateurs will receive the American Dream Award and one restaurant company will be selected for the Inspiration Award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center