Restaurant owners recognized nationally
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 4,2010
Restaurant owners from Jackson has been selected as a national finalist for the National Restaurant Association’s Faces of Diversity Awards. Yuriy and Olga Abramovich, owners, Olga’s Fine Dining, were chosen as finalists out of nearly 100 restaurateurs nationwide in the American Dream category of the awards. The American Dream Award honors individuals from diverse backgrounds who have realized the American dream in the restaurant and foodservice industry.
Selected by a panel of industry leaders, the national winners of the Faces of Diversity Awards will be announced on April 14 in Washington, D.C., at the National Restaurant Association’s 2010 Public Affairs Conference.
The Faces of Diversity Awards program, created in partnership with PepsiCo Foodservice, celebrates the restaurant industry’s successes and proactive efforts to embrace workforce diversity and inclusion. The program has two categories: the American Dream Award for individual restaurateurs; and, the Inspiration Award, honoring restaurant companies that exhibit leadership and vision as advocates of diversity and inclusion through key programs and initiatives. Three restaurateurs will receive the American Dream Award and one restaurant company will be selected for the Inspiration Award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- BLAKE WILSON: Danny Mitchell was a remarkable business leader, a better friend
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- S&P: State in top 10 in U.S. in sales tax dependency