Entergy nixes nuclear spin-off plans
by Associated Press
Published: April 5,2010
NEW ORLEANS — Entergy Corp. says it will end plans for its proposed spinoff of six nuclear power stations into a separate company.
In March, New York utility regulators rejected the plan for the company, called Enexus Energy Corp. and EquaGen LLC, because it wasn’t in the public interest.
Entergy said today it would end plans for the company and “redirect its efforts into other strategies as soon as possible in 2010.”
Entergy estimates it will cost 40 cents to 45 cents per share in charges to close the Enexus operations, in write-offs and other costs.
The company, based in New Orleans, also said it raised its quarterly dividend to 83 cents from 75 cents, payable June 1 to shareholders of record as of May 12.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Entergy nixes nuclear spin-off plans”
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property