New program aimed at cutting nursing shortage
JACKSON — The Mississippi Hospital for Restorative Care, a division of Baptist Medical Center, in partnership with Mississippi College School of Nursing, Mississippi Office of Nursing Workforce and Hinds Community College Foundation, has kicked off the Mississippi Geriatric Dedicated Education Unit Initiative (MGDEU). Baptist and MC joined with other partners in Mississippi to participate in the “Partners Investing in Nursing’s Future” (PIN).
In an effort to reverse the nursing shortage across the United States, this unique national initiative is being put in place to provide funding on the local level for developing strategies for creating and sustaining a viable nursing workforce.
Baptist and MC School of Nursing have been selected to be a part of this innovative partnership, along with Hinds Community College School of Nursing, University of Mississippi School of Nursing, University of Mississippi Hospitals and Clinics, St. Dominic Memorial Hospital, North Mississippi Medical Center, Itawamba Community College and the Mississippi Health Care Foundation (Long Term Care Association).
The program trains staff nurses as clinical facilitators, enabling them to step out of their traditional roles and expand their job to include that of instructor. In an innovative model of teaching, nursing students will experience first-hand the skill and reality of nursing to this unique community of geriatric patients.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
4 Responses to “New program aimed at cutting nursing shortage”
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'