Isle of Capri buys Rainbow Casino
Published: April 6,2010
VICKSBURG — Isle of Capri Casinos Inc. has entered into a definitive purchase agreement with Bally Technologies Inc. to purchase its Rainbow Casino in Vicksburg pending regulatory approval.
Under the terms of the agreement, which was approved by the board of directors of both companies, Isle of Capri Casinos will pay Bally Technologies $80 million in an all-cash transaction, assuming the transaction closes by approximately June 30, 2010.
“We have enjoyed a successful, 16-year run owning and operating Rainbow Casino and have made a number of improvements to the facility which have enabled it to grow its business, even in a very competitive environment,” said Richard Haddrill, CEO of Bally Technologies. “Bu,t we felt it was important that we focus on our core business of providing industry-leading games and systems technology, and we feel confident that under the ownership of Isle of Capri, Rainbow and its employees will be in very competent hands.”
“We are pleased to return to the Vicksburg market and expand our presence in Mississippi through this transaction, which creates a mutually beneficial situation for Isle of Capri and for Bally Technologies and allows both of our companies to focus on what we do best,” said James B. Perry chairman and CEO of St. Louis, Mo.-based Isle of Capri Casinos. “Rainbow is a successful property with a solid core business that will fit very well into the Isle portfolio and benefit from the operational expertise of our management team. Additionally, Bally has made important investments at the Rainbow facility and maintained a solid team of employees, who we look forward to welcoming to Isle of Capri.”
Perry noted that Isle plans to fund the transaction under its existing credit facility.
Rainbow Hotel Casino has approximately 350 employees, 25,000 square feet of gaming space, 831 slot machines, 10 table games and an accompanying 89-room hotel.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Isle of Capri buys Rainbow Casino”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion