Supervisors oppose annexation plan
Published: April 6,2010
And after a presentation by the city, three supervisors said yesterday that mile could be worth fighting for. The fight, of course, would be in court in the form of opposing the city’s annexation plans.
Mayor Connie Moran is hoping to avoid that kind of costly battle by appeasing the entities that have a stake in being annexed.
Two holdouts are the county Board of Supervisors and the Jackson County Fire District. Moran tells The Sun Herald that she hopes to have their issues resolved so the city could begin the process of annexation in four to six weeks.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Supervisors oppose annexation plan”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency