Supervisors oppose annexation plan
Published: April 6,2010
And after a presentation by the city, three supervisors said yesterday that mile could be worth fighting for. The fight, of course, would be in court in the form of opposing the city’s annexation plans.
Mayor Connie Moran is hoping to avoid that kind of costly battle by appeasing the entities that have a stake in being annexed.
Two holdouts are the county Board of Supervisors and the Jackson County Fire District. Moran tells The Sun Herald that she hopes to have their issues resolved so the city could begin the process of annexation in four to six weeks.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Supervisors oppose annexation plan”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ford F-150s roll into Mississippi, ahead of the pickup pack
- Nissan supplier efforts key to more Miss. output
- UNFOLDING OF A RESCUE — How Sanderson Farms saved Mississippi's PGA tour event
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MBJ Business Person of the Year: Joe Sanderson Jr.
- Mississippi poultry industry's hub system behind today's success
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- TODD SMITH'S SPIN CYCLE: Top 10 toy brands that won holiday social media blitz