Supervisors oppose annexation plan
Published: April 6,2010
And after a presentation by the city, three supervisors said yesterday that mile could be worth fighting for. The fight, of course, would be in court in the form of opposing the city’s annexation plans.
Mayor Connie Moran is hoping to avoid that kind of costly battle by appeasing the entities that have a stake in being annexed.
Two holdouts are the county Board of Supervisors and the Jackson County Fire District. Moran tells The Sun Herald that she hopes to have their issues resolved so the city could begin the process of annexation in four to six weeks.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Supervisors oppose annexation plan”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41