Supervisors oppose annexation plan
Published: April 6,2010
And after a presentation by the city, three supervisors said yesterday that mile could be worth fighting for. The fight, of course, would be in court in the form of opposing the city’s annexation plans.
Mayor Connie Moran is hoping to avoid that kind of costly battle by appeasing the entities that have a stake in being annexed.
Two holdouts are the county Board of Supervisors and the Jackson County Fire District. Moran tells The Sun Herald that she hopes to have their issues resolved so the city could begin the process of annexation in four to six weeks.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Supervisors oppose annexation plan”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion
- Judge rules for Fish and Wildlife Service in frog habitat case
- Diamondhead Casino Corporation wins site approval