A.M. Best upgrades insurer’s rating
JACKSON — A.M. Best Co. has revised the outlook to “positive” from “stable” and affirmed the financial strength rating of “B++ (Good)” and issuer credit of “bbb+” of Mississippi Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance Company (Mississippi FB Casualty) of Jackson.
A.M. Best wrote: “The positive outlook reflects Mississippi FB Casualty’s continued strong operating earnings and improved risk-adjusted capitalization through organic surplus growth. The ratings also recognize Mississippi FB Casualty’s favorable risk-adjusted capitalization, prudent risk-management strategies and the historical support the company receives from its parent, Southern Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance Company (Jackson, Miss.). These positive rating factors are reflective of management’s underwriting and catastrophe management initiatives.
“Partially offsetting these positive rating factors are Mississippi FB Casualty’s property concentration in Mississippi. With a single state geographic concentration, earnings are exposed to catastrophic losses as well as market and regulatory concerns. However, considerable catastrophe reinsurance is maintained to insulate Mississippi FB Casualty’s surplus and earnings.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program