A.M. Best upgrades insurer’s rating
by Wally Northway
Published: April 7,2010
JACKSON — A.M. Best Co. has revised the outlook to “positive” from “stable” and affirmed the financial strength rating of “B++ (Good)” and issuer credit of “bbb+” of Mississippi Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance Company (Mississippi FB Casualty) of Jackson.
A.M. Best wrote: “The positive outlook reflects Mississippi FB Casualty’s continued strong operating earnings and improved risk-adjusted capitalization through organic surplus growth. The ratings also recognize Mississippi FB Casualty’s favorable risk-adjusted capitalization, prudent risk-management strategies and the historical support the company receives from its parent, Southern Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance Company (Jackson, Miss.). These positive rating factors are reflective of management’s underwriting and catastrophe management initiatives.
“Partially offsetting these positive rating factors are Mississippi FB Casualty’s property concentration in Mississippi. With a single state geographic concentration, earnings are exposed to catastrophic losses as well as market and regulatory concerns. However, considerable catastrophe reinsurance is maintained to insulate Mississippi FB Casualty’s surplus and earnings.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- News The Way You Want It!