Counties getting economic development plan
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — Broaddus & Associates will lead a team of nationally-recognized experts to complete the Harrison-Stone 50-year economic development master plan.
AngelouEconomics, an international economic development consultant, along with other firms will complete the team that will provide professional services to the Harrison County Development Commission, Stone County Economic Development Partnership, Harrison County Board of Supervisors and Stone County Board of Supervisors.
The cost of the project was not disclosed.
The plan will evaluate the economic development potential of Harrison and Stone counties through an economic study to include private and public business investment in the region. Information gathered will be used to evaluate future economic development projects and programs including, but not limited to, physical infrastructure, target industries, workforce issues, transportation and any other economic development need that is identified in the study. This will include outlooks for five-, 10-, 20- and 50-year intervals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Council wants more info on proposed baseball stadium