Counties getting economic development plan
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — Broaddus & Associates will lead a team of nationally-recognized experts to complete the Harrison-Stone 50-year economic development master plan.
AngelouEconomics, an international economic development consultant, along with other firms will complete the team that will provide professional services to the Harrison County Development Commission, Stone County Economic Development Partnership, Harrison County Board of Supervisors and Stone County Board of Supervisors.
The cost of the project was not disclosed.
The plan will evaluate the economic development potential of Harrison and Stone counties through an economic study to include private and public business investment in the region. Information gathered will be used to evaluate future economic development projects and programs including, but not limited to, physical infrastructure, target industries, workforce issues, transportation and any other economic development need that is identified in the study. This will include outlooks for five-, 10-, 20- and 50-year intervals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Education leaders applying for $15M in grants for pre-kindergarten program