Counties getting economic development plan
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — Broaddus & Associates will lead a team of nationally-recognized experts to complete the Harrison-Stone 50-year economic development master plan.
AngelouEconomics, an international economic development consultant, along with other firms will complete the team that will provide professional services to the Harrison County Development Commission, Stone County Economic Development Partnership, Harrison County Board of Supervisors and Stone County Board of Supervisors.
The cost of the project was not disclosed.
The plan will evaluate the economic development potential of Harrison and Stone counties through an economic study to include private and public business investment in the region. Information gathered will be used to evaluate future economic development projects and programs including, but not limited to, physical infrastructure, target industries, workforce issues, transportation and any other economic development need that is identified in the study. This will include outlooks for five-, 10-, 20- and 50-year intervals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November