Counties getting economic development plan
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — Broaddus & Associates will lead a team of nationally-recognized experts to complete the Harrison-Stone 50-year economic development master plan.
AngelouEconomics, an international economic development consultant, along with other firms will complete the team that will provide professional services to the Harrison County Development Commission, Stone County Economic Development Partnership, Harrison County Board of Supervisors and Stone County Board of Supervisors.
The cost of the project was not disclosed.
The plan will evaluate the economic development potential of Harrison and Stone counties through an economic study to include private and public business investment in the region. Information gathered will be used to evaluate future economic development projects and programs including, but not limited to, physical infrastructure, target industries, workforce issues, transportation and any other economic development need that is identified in the study. This will include outlooks for five-, 10-, 20- and 50-year intervals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge
- Real estate company paying $1M for compromising wetlands
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Authorities: Suspect in ricin-laced letters case appeared to try to run
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Nullification and interposition