Counties getting economic development plan
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — Broaddus & Associates will lead a team of nationally-recognized experts to complete the Harrison-Stone 50-year economic development master plan.
AngelouEconomics, an international economic development consultant, along with other firms will complete the team that will provide professional services to the Harrison County Development Commission, Stone County Economic Development Partnership, Harrison County Board of Supervisors and Stone County Board of Supervisors.
The cost of the project was not disclosed.
The plan will evaluate the economic development potential of Harrison and Stone counties through an economic study to include private and public business investment in the region. Information gathered will be used to evaluate future economic development projects and programs including, but not limited to, physical infrastructure, target industries, workforce issues, transportation and any other economic development need that is identified in the study. This will include outlooks for five-, 10-, 20- and 50-year intervals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Keeping our eye on: Neal Stephens
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing