Community college hiking tuition
Published: April 8,2010
RAYMOND — Students at Hinds Community College will be paying more this fall after trustees voted to increase tuition and meal plan costs.
College officials say the increases are necessary as the school is serving an unprecedented number of students while seeing its state funding cut.
Tuition for full-time students will be $980 per semester, an increase of $150. Part-time students will pay $100 per credit hour, an increase of $15 per credit hour.
The last time the college raised tuition was in 2005.
Students living on campus in Raymond and Utica will also see their meal plan increase $150 a semester, to $920 for 19 meals a week.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics