Community college hiking tuition
Published: April 8,2010
RAYMOND — Students at Hinds Community College will be paying more this fall after trustees voted to increase tuition and meal plan costs.
College officials say the increases are necessary as the school is serving an unprecedented number of students while seeing its state funding cut.
Tuition for full-time students will be $980 per semester, an increase of $150. Part-time students will pay $100 per credit hour, an increase of $15 per credit hour.
The last time the college raised tuition was in 2005.
Students living on campus in Raymond and Utica will also see their meal plan increase $150 a semester, to $920 for 19 meals a week.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Current Poll
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Dan Mullen, Hugh Freeze to play in pro-am Thursday
- Biloxi Shuckers gives city $925K to speed construction
- Legislators' education alternative challenged in court
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- College Board stands behind move to fire Ole Miss chancellor