Community college hiking tuition
Published: April 8,2010
RAYMOND — Students at Hinds Community College will be paying more this fall after trustees voted to increase tuition and meal plan costs.
College officials say the increases are necessary as the school is serving an unprecedented number of students while seeing its state funding cut.
Tuition for full-time students will be $980 per semester, an increase of $150. Part-time students will pay $100 per credit hour, an increase of $15 per credit hour.
The last time the college raised tuition was in 2005.
Students living on campus in Raymond and Utica will also see their meal plan increase $150 a semester, to $920 for 19 meals a week.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove