Verizon builds on state network
MOOREVILLE — Verizon Wireless recently activated a new advanced digital cell site in Mooreville, which will enhance voice and 3G data coverage along Mississippi 78 between the communities of Tupelo and Dorsey and the eastern portion of Tupelo.
In 2009, Verizon Wireless invested more than $16 million in North Mississippi to advance and expand its superior network capabilities. In total, Verizon Wireless has invested more than $50 billion since it was formed — $5.5 billion on average every year — to increase the coverage and capacity of its premier nationwide network and to add new services.
“Travelers depend on Verizon Wireless to provide the most reliable 3G network in cities, towns and rural areas,” said Leo Perreault, executive director of network for Verizon Wireless. “By continuing to invest in our network in North Mississippi, we will continue to grow and expand to meet the changing needs of our customers.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey