Verizon builds on state network
MOOREVILLE — Verizon Wireless recently activated a new advanced digital cell site in Mooreville, which will enhance voice and 3G data coverage along Mississippi 78 between the communities of Tupelo and Dorsey and the eastern portion of Tupelo.
In 2009, Verizon Wireless invested more than $16 million in North Mississippi to advance and expand its superior network capabilities. In total, Verizon Wireless has invested more than $50 billion since it was formed — $5.5 billion on average every year — to increase the coverage and capacity of its premier nationwide network and to add new services.
“Travelers depend on Verizon Wireless to provide the most reliable 3G network in cities, towns and rural areas,” said Leo Perreault, executive director of network for Verizon Wireless. “By continuing to invest in our network in North Mississippi, we will continue to grow and expand to meet the changing needs of our customers.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work