Verizon builds on state network
MOOREVILLE — Verizon Wireless recently activated a new advanced digital cell site in Mooreville, which will enhance voice and 3G data coverage along Mississippi 78 between the communities of Tupelo and Dorsey and the eastern portion of Tupelo.
In 2009, Verizon Wireless invested more than $16 million in North Mississippi to advance and expand its superior network capabilities. In total, Verizon Wireless has invested more than $50 billion since it was formed — $5.5 billion on average every year — to increase the coverage and capacity of its premier nationwide network and to add new services.
“Travelers depend on Verizon Wireless to provide the most reliable 3G network in cities, towns and rural areas,” said Leo Perreault, executive director of network for Verizon Wireless. “By continuing to invest in our network in North Mississippi, we will continue to grow and expand to meet the changing needs of our customers.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed