Verizon builds on state network
MOOREVILLE — Verizon Wireless recently activated a new advanced digital cell site in Mooreville, which will enhance voice and 3G data coverage along Mississippi 78 between the communities of Tupelo and Dorsey and the eastern portion of Tupelo.
In 2009, Verizon Wireless invested more than $16 million in North Mississippi to advance and expand its superior network capabilities. In total, Verizon Wireless has invested more than $50 billion since it was formed — $5.5 billion on average every year — to increase the coverage and capacity of its premier nationwide network and to add new services.
“Travelers depend on Verizon Wireless to provide the most reliable 3G network in cities, towns and rural areas,” said Leo Perreault, executive director of network for Verizon Wireless. “By continuing to invest in our network in North Mississippi, we will continue to grow and expand to meet the changing needs of our customers.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project