Health Department okays bed conversion
HATTIESBURG — A Hattiesburg hospital has received state permission to convert 24 beds from adult chemical dependency treatment to adult psychiatric treatment.
The Mississippi State Department of Health announced April 7 that it is granting a certificate of need for the change requested by Pine Grove Behavioral Health Center.
The center is an extension of Forrest General Hospital.
A news release from the Health Department says the proposed project at Pine Grove includes the demolition and renovation of the existing alcohol dependency unit. The project’s estimated cost is nearly $1.9 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win