Health Department okays bed conversion
HATTIESBURG — A Hattiesburg hospital has received state permission to convert 24 beds from adult chemical dependency treatment to adult psychiatric treatment.
The Mississippi State Department of Health announced April 7 that it is granting a certificate of need for the change requested by Pine Grove Behavioral Health Center.
The center is an extension of Forrest General Hospital.
A news release from the Health Department says the proposed project at Pine Grove includes the demolition and renovation of the existing alcohol dependency unit. The project’s estimated cost is nearly $1.9 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015