Health Department okays bed conversion
HATTIESBURG — A Hattiesburg hospital has received state permission to convert 24 beds from adult chemical dependency treatment to adult psychiatric treatment.
The Mississippi State Department of Health announced April 7 that it is granting a certificate of need for the change requested by Pine Grove Behavioral Health Center.
The center is an extension of Forrest General Hospital.
A news release from the Health Department says the proposed project at Pine Grove includes the demolition and renovation of the existing alcohol dependency unit. The project’s estimated cost is nearly $1.9 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth