Health Department okays bed conversion
HATTIESBURG — A Hattiesburg hospital has received state permission to convert 24 beds from adult chemical dependency treatment to adult psychiatric treatment.
The Mississippi State Department of Health announced April 7 that it is granting a certificate of need for the change requested by Pine Grove Behavioral Health Center.
The center is an extension of Forrest General Hospital.
A news release from the Health Department says the proposed project at Pine Grove includes the demolition and renovation of the existing alcohol dependency unit. The project’s estimated cost is nearly $1.9 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K