Health Department okays bed conversion
HATTIESBURG — A Hattiesburg hospital has received state permission to convert 24 beds from adult chemical dependency treatment to adult psychiatric treatment.
The Mississippi State Department of Health announced April 7 that it is granting a certificate of need for the change requested by Pine Grove Behavioral Health Center.
The center is an extension of Forrest General Hospital.
A news release from the Health Department says the proposed project at Pine Grove includes the demolition and renovation of the existing alcohol dependency unit. The project’s estimated cost is nearly $1.9 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion
- Judge rules for Fish and Wildlife Service in frog habitat case
- Diamondhead Casino Corporation wins site approval