Boyd appointed to company’s board
MedSynergies Inc. of Dallas has appointed Joe Boyd, former vice president of North American sales and operations at Perot Systems and the recent chairman of Healthlink, to non-executive chairman of the MedSynergies board of directors.
The company’s current chairman and founding medical partner, William Hutton, M.D., will now serve as chairman emeritus, and the remaining board members will include three representatives from FTV Capital as well as John R. Thomas, president and CEO of MedSynergies.
Boyd holds a bachelor of arts in history and an MBA from Mississippi State University. He has nearly 30 years of information technology experience in his extensive career, which began with Electronic Data Systems Inc., in the State and Local Government Healthcare Group. After leaving EDS, he worked in the healthcare practices of KPMG Peat Marwick and GTE before joining Perot Systems.
At Perot Systems, Boyd held of a variety of executive positions and grew the healthcare business to more than $100 million in annual revenues. Following his success at Perot, he provided management consulting services to numerous, well-known companies. In 2003, he became chairman of Healthlink, a professional services provider to hospitals and large health-related organizations. With Boyd’s leadership, the company grew rapidly and was successfully sold in 2005 to IBM. Boyd actively serves as a director at OnFocus|Healthcare and MediSend International.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability