Boyd appointed to company’s board
MedSynergies Inc. of Dallas has appointed Joe Boyd, former vice president of North American sales and operations at Perot Systems and the recent chairman of Healthlink, to non-executive chairman of the MedSynergies board of directors.
The company’s current chairman and founding medical partner, William Hutton, M.D., will now serve as chairman emeritus, and the remaining board members will include three representatives from FTV Capital as well as John R. Thomas, president and CEO of MedSynergies.
Boyd holds a bachelor of arts in history and an MBA from Mississippi State University. He has nearly 30 years of information technology experience in his extensive career, which began with Electronic Data Systems Inc., in the State and Local Government Healthcare Group. After leaving EDS, he worked in the healthcare practices of KPMG Peat Marwick and GTE before joining Perot Systems.
At Perot Systems, Boyd held of a variety of executive positions and grew the healthcare business to more than $100 million in annual revenues. Following his success at Perot, he provided management consulting services to numerous, well-known companies. In 2003, he became chairman of Healthlink, a professional services provider to hospitals and large health-related organizations. With Boyd’s leadership, the company grew rapidly and was successfully sold in 2005 to IBM. Boyd actively serves as a director at OnFocus|Healthcare and MediSend International.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Regions must pay $7.5 million in fines over illegal overdraft fees
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorney Alan Perry takes office as IHL board president
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Mississippian Glenn McCullough Jr. gets nod as new MDA chief
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- DAVID DALLAS: Getting a grip on LGBT issues
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Governor signs fracking bill as database comes under scrutiny