Healthcare backlash confusing to reader
I don’t understand why there has been such a rabid protest against requiring people to pay for health insurance. Haley Barbour is going to sue someone, not sure how that works, under the premise that requiring people to pay for health insurance is unconstitutional. Would it not be unconstitutional that someone can be fined for not having automobile insurance? And that isn’t even if you happen to run into another person’s car and can’t pay for the repair. You can be pulled over for not using your turn signal and if you can’t show proof of insurance be prepared to pay a hefty fine. However, if you are injured in an accident the hospital emergency room has to treat you no questions asked even when the cost for that care can run into hundreds of thousands of dollars. No one gave the mandatory auto insurance legislation a second look. Better yet they applauded the legislation that serves to make people accountable and responsible for potential negative affects they present to others in society. Never once heard anyone call the mandatory auto insurance legislation an act of communism, yet legislation attempting to fix uninsured healthcare patients threatens to divide the country on a level comparable to the civil war. I just don’t understand how this issue can be so sinister that even a pastor in a large church feels the need to call on God for help in defeating it. It all seems totally bizarre to me. It seems to me that people were just looking for an issue to justify a call of arms against those who disagree. Boy, did they find their vehicle for hatred!
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex