Keeping Our Eye On: Parker England
Family: Wife, Frankie; Children, Mary (3)
Education: Mississippi School of Banking, MBA (Mississippi State University), BA in accounting (Mississippi State University)
Current Position: Assistant vice president, Planters’ Bank & Trust Company
Growing up in the Mississippi Delta, Parker England says he knew at some point that he wanted to get back home to work and raise a family. While working as an accountant and auditor for Parkway Properties Inc. in Jackson, England got wind of a job opportunity closer to his roots. Planters Bank, a locally owned financial institution with locations all over the Mississippi Delta, called and asked him to leave Jackson and work for them back in his hometown. He jumped at the chance.
“After much prayer and consideration, I accepted the job,” England says. “I accepted the job and my family and I moved back to Greenville. We have found that life in a small town is quite rewarding — working for a community bank feels like giving back and helping the community who helped raise me.”
In his spare time, England is an active member of First Presbyterian Church where he is an elder and board member of the preschool department. He is also involved in the Washington County Scholarship Classic, the Mississippi Young Bankers’ Association, the Salvation Army, and the United Way.
Mississippi’s best kept secret: the generosity of our residents
Favorite Hangout: Golf, cooking out with family and friends
Last book read: “Boo Ferriss- A Life in Baseball, Well-Lived”
Favorite TV Show: “SportsCenter”
Favorite Movie: “The Shawshank Redemption”
Favorite Singer: James Taylor
Best role models: My family
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders