Keeping Our Eye On: Parker England
Family: Wife, Frankie; Children, Mary (3)
Education: Mississippi School of Banking, MBA (Mississippi State University), BA in accounting (Mississippi State University)
Current Position: Assistant vice president, Planters’ Bank & Trust Company
Growing up in the Mississippi Delta, Parker England says he knew at some point that he wanted to get back home to work and raise a family. While working as an accountant and auditor for Parkway Properties Inc. in Jackson, England got wind of a job opportunity closer to his roots. Planters Bank, a locally owned financial institution with locations all over the Mississippi Delta, called and asked him to leave Jackson and work for them back in his hometown. He jumped at the chance.
“After much prayer and consideration, I accepted the job,” England says. “I accepted the job and my family and I moved back to Greenville. We have found that life in a small town is quite rewarding — working for a community bank feels like giving back and helping the community who helped raise me.”
In his spare time, England is an active member of First Presbyterian Church where he is an elder and board member of the preschool department. He is also involved in the Washington County Scholarship Classic, the Mississippi Young Bankers’ Association, the Salvation Army, and the United Way.
Mississippi’s best kept secret: the generosity of our residents
Favorite Hangout: Golf, cooking out with family and friends
Last book read: “Boo Ferriss- A Life in Baseball, Well-Lived”
Favorite TV Show: “SportsCenter”
Favorite Movie: “The Shawshank Redemption”
Favorite Singer: James Taylor
Best role models: My family
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy