SBA selects Maisano as state’s best
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 11,2010
The Mississippi U.S. Small Business Administration has selected Jonathan Maisano as its 2010 Small Business Person of the Year. Maisano’s Fine Wine and Spirits, open since Dec. 2005, is a wine and spirits business located in Ocean Springs. Maisano opened the business shortly after Hurricane Katrina and after much hard work now offers over 1,000 wine choices, 500 spirits gathered from all over the world, one of the best stocked and most diverse wine and spirit portfolios throughout the entire state.
Maisano holds a certificate from the Court Of Master Sommelier’s.
He and his wife, Jennifer, reside in Ocean Springs. He enjoys spending time with family and friends as well as watching sports and occasionally hitting the golf course when time allows.
Maisano will receive his Mississippi award during a ceremony at SBA’s Lenders Conference scheduled for July 15-16 at the Imperial Palace Casino & Resort in Biloxi. He will also attend SBA’s National Small Business Week celebration May 23- 25 in Washington, D.C., where he will represent Mississippi and compete for the title of National Small Business Person of the Year.
He was nominated by Dave Philo of the Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE) Chapter located in Gulfport.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Gulf Coast's design studio teaches lessons on sustainability
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation