SBA selects Maisano as state’s best
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 11,2010
The Mississippi U.S. Small Business Administration has selected Jonathan Maisano as its 2010 Small Business Person of the Year. Maisano’s Fine Wine and Spirits, open since Dec. 2005, is a wine and spirits business located in Ocean Springs. Maisano opened the business shortly after Hurricane Katrina and after much hard work now offers over 1,000 wine choices, 500 spirits gathered from all over the world, one of the best stocked and most diverse wine and spirit portfolios throughout the entire state.
Maisano holds a certificate from the Court Of Master Sommelier’s.
He and his wife, Jennifer, reside in Ocean Springs. He enjoys spending time with family and friends as well as watching sports and occasionally hitting the golf course when time allows.
Maisano will receive his Mississippi award during a ceremony at SBA’s Lenders Conference scheduled for July 15-16 at the Imperial Palace Casino & Resort in Biloxi. He will also attend SBA’s National Small Business Week celebration May 23- 25 in Washington, D.C., where he will represent Mississippi and compete for the title of National Small Business Person of the Year.
He was nominated by Dave Philo of the Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE) Chapter located in Gulfport.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force