SBA selects Maisano as state’s best
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 11,2010
The Mississippi U.S. Small Business Administration has selected Jonathan Maisano as its 2010 Small Business Person of the Year. Maisano’s Fine Wine and Spirits, open since Dec. 2005, is a wine and spirits business located in Ocean Springs. Maisano opened the business shortly after Hurricane Katrina and after much hard work now offers over 1,000 wine choices, 500 spirits gathered from all over the world, one of the best stocked and most diverse wine and spirit portfolios throughout the entire state.
Maisano holds a certificate from the Court Of Master Sommelier’s.
He and his wife, Jennifer, reside in Ocean Springs. He enjoys spending time with family and friends as well as watching sports and occasionally hitting the golf course when time allows.
Maisano will receive his Mississippi award during a ceremony at SBA’s Lenders Conference scheduled for July 15-16 at the Imperial Palace Casino & Resort in Biloxi. He will also attend SBA’s National Small Business Week celebration May 23- 25 in Washington, D.C., where he will represent Mississippi and compete for the title of National Small Business Person of the Year.
He was nominated by Dave Philo of the Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE) Chapter located in Gulfport.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- WILLOUGHBY: Rubinsky grows First Class Linen from ground up