Use solar panel business as impetus for more
I read about Creeks Technologies, a venture-backed solar technology company, locating a solar panel manufacturing facility in Senatobia. The production facility, according to your story, will create 512 jobs, in two phases, over the next five years and represents a company investment of more than $175 million.
This is a quantum leap for our state into the solar industry. Hopefully, we can use this event as the impetus to move us to become the solar center of the south. Will there be a conference to discuss demand for suppliers and new businesses?
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs