Use solar panel business as impetus for more
I read about Creeks Technologies, a venture-backed solar technology company, locating a solar panel manufacturing facility in Senatobia. The production facility, according to your story, will create 512 jobs, in two phases, over the next five years and represents a company investment of more than $175 million.
This is a quantum leap for our state into the solar industry. Hopefully, we can use this event as the impetus to move us to become the solar center of the south. Will there be a conference to discuss demand for suppliers and new businesses?
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun