Bridge work slated to begin next month
by Associated Press
Published: April 12,2010
MADISON — By fall 2011, drivers should have a new route to travel between I-55 and U.S. Highway 51 in Madison.
Work is expected to begin in May to finish Mississippi 463, by relocating the section from Post Oak Road east to U.S. 51 through construction of a four-lane road and a lengthy bridge over the railroad tracks.
On April 11, the Mississippi Transportation Commission is expected to award the job to Tanner Construction Co. of Ellisville. The company had the lowest bid at $27.4 million, which is almost 15 percent below the state estimate of $32.1 million.
Ken Wallace, of the Mississippi Department of Transportation, tells The Clarion-Ledger that the contractor should be able to start in early May and finish the job in 18 months over two construction seasons.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities