Bridge work slated to begin next month
by Associated Press
Published: April 12,2010
MADISON — By fall 2011, drivers should have a new route to travel between I-55 and U.S. Highway 51 in Madison.
Work is expected to begin in May to finish Mississippi 463, by relocating the section from Post Oak Road east to U.S. 51 through construction of a four-lane road and a lengthy bridge over the railroad tracks.
On April 11, the Mississippi Transportation Commission is expected to award the job to Tanner Construction Co. of Ellisville. The company had the lowest bid at $27.4 million, which is almost 15 percent below the state estimate of $32.1 million.
Ken Wallace, of the Mississippi Department of Transportation, tells The Clarion-Ledger that the contractor should be able to start in early May and finish the job in 18 months over two construction seasons.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data