Bridge work slated to begin next month
Published: April 12,2010
MADISON — By fall 2011, drivers should have a new route to travel between I-55 and U.S. Highway 51 in Madison.
Work is expected to begin in May to finish Mississippi 463, by relocating the section from Post Oak Road east to U.S. 51 through construction of a four-lane road and a lengthy bridge over the railroad tracks.
On April 11, the Mississippi Transportation Commission is expected to award the job to Tanner Construction Co. of Ellisville. The company had the lowest bid at $27.4 million, which is almost 15 percent below the state estimate of $32.1 million.
Ken Wallace, of the Mississippi Department of Transportation, tells The Clarion-Ledger that the contractor should be able to start in early May and finish the job in 18 months over two construction seasons.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran