Bridge work slated to begin next month
by Associated Press
Published: April 12,2010
MADISON — By fall 2011, drivers should have a new route to travel between I-55 and U.S. Highway 51 in Madison.
Work is expected to begin in May to finish Mississippi 463, by relocating the section from Post Oak Road east to U.S. 51 through construction of a four-lane road and a lengthy bridge over the railroad tracks.
On April 11, the Mississippi Transportation Commission is expected to award the job to Tanner Construction Co. of Ellisville. The company had the lowest bid at $27.4 million, which is almost 15 percent below the state estimate of $32.1 million.
Ken Wallace, of the Mississippi Department of Transportation, tells The Clarion-Ledger that the contractor should be able to start in early May and finish the job in 18 months over two construction seasons.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county